My M55, convection heat after start-up solved...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
I have decided that my (convection heat kick in) after the start-up cycle was a fluke! Flukes do happen right? All I know is that my stove has been operating perfectly since that one episode where the convection fan did not kick in after the start up cycle. As a precaution, last night I pulled the stove out on my rail kit and carefully vaccuumed every inch of the sides and back and then I checked every single connection and checked out all the wires that I could get to and all seem well. I finally did get a Mag guage and got my stove set up properly! Thanks for the help....Bill

Hmm, sorry to say this, but if it happened once it will happen again.

Something caused it not to run, so until you know what, you should keep trying to figure it out.

Especially if the stove is still under warrantee.

Call Enviro, see what they say. I will PM you the info i have for tech support.

You have intermittent failures and consistently repeatable failures.

At this point you haven't found out anymore than you knew when it didn't startup to begin with and by checking the connections you may have fixed what was a loose or oxidized connection (the contacts on a portable phone that allows the battery to recharge for example).

Keep an eye on it.

I have decided that my (convection heat kick in) after the start-up cycle was a fluke! Flukes do happen right? All I know is that my stove has been operating perfectly since that one episode where the convection fan did not kick in after the start up cycle. As a precaution, last night I pulled the stove out on my rail kit and carefully vaccuumed every inch of the sides and back and then I checked every single connection and checked out all the wires that I could get to and all seem well. I finally did get a Mag guage and got my stove set up properly! Thanks for the help....Bill

This sounds like what happened to me, and it turns out to be very common, so check the ribbon cord that goes to the control board very carefully, for you will more than likely find that has a bad patch from hanging near or on the convection motor. The vibration from the motor rubs through the ribbon cord, and causes various problems until ultimately the stove won't run at all=total connection break.

Status
Not open for further replies.