My new place in Wisconsin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northwinds

Minister of Fire
Jul 9, 2006
south central WI
Here's a few photos of the new place--2.5 acres between Madison and the Dells. It sits up on a little hill overlooking a marsh with a trout
stream running through it. It's my first time on well water in my life, and the water tastes delicious. The place just feels right. The Isle Royale
and insert are scheduled for move/install next week. That outdoor fire ring will get some use this summer.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 651
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 653
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 667
Lots of room for out-of-sight wood, both inside and out.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 629
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 615
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 618
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 626
Some good neighbors: bar owner below, and a dairy farmer further below. This is Wisconsin.
Some woods for me up above.

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 619
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 630
Very nice! The pole building looks familiar, there are a lot of those around here that color. Enjoy your new place!

Nice place , great view & green grass.
We are having a snow storm :)

Congrats looks like a great place to be and talk about great wood storage sheds!!

Ray

Northwinds, I love it out there. From Portage to Spring Green on the river.

Sounds like you just moved to Wisconsin. If that's the case: Welcome! My family has been here in Wisconsin since 1846 - never had the inkling to move elsewhere. :)

Shari

Looks beautiful Northwinds. Enjoy your new home, maybe post some pics when the firepit is burning.

Shari said:
Sounds like you just moved to Wisconsin. If that's the case: Welcome! My family has been here in Wisconsin since 1846 - never had the inkling to move elsewhere. :)

Shari

Shari: I guess it did kind of sound that way, but I've been here for more than 40 years. We just moved down the road a few miles for more
space and better accessibility for my disabled son. I've lived other places across the country, but always come back home. :)

Thanks for everyone's comments.

Looks like a great place!!!

Billy

Congrats on the new place looks like a great place to grow old.

You got a great looking setup & home there...hope it is better for your son's needs.

Just showed the photos to my wife and asked her if we could move to Wisconsin.

daveswoodhauler said:

Then you would be called a "Cheese Head"; you would have to back the Pack (the Packers) and the Badgers; enjoy Friday night fish fries, eat cheese curds and the best brats found in any of the 50 states.

After all the above, you would still be considered an 'assimilated' Wisconsinite! :)

Shari

Shari said:
daveswoodhauler said:

Then you would be called a "Cheese Head"; you would have to back the Pack (the Packers) and the Badgers; enjoy Friday night fish fries, eat cheese curds and the best brats found in any of the 50 states.

After all the above, you would still be considered an 'assimilated' Wisconsinite! :)

Shari

I've only been out there once, but loved the country...reminded me of vermont without the trees.
Was on a road trip to Grand Forks, ND for my cousins wedding..the further west I got from Mass, the nicer people were that I met.
Been a Packers fan all my life, so I guess I am 10% there :)

gotta love us guys.........you put up pics of your new place and its all garage and out bldg photos can hardly even see the house. But of course that is what us men are more interested in, heck when I was moving the wife knew garage and room for another garage is all I cared about.

I was kind of laughing at myself when i was posting those photos, thinking the same thing. I will post some
photos when the stove gets moved and after the insert installation. The house itself is in a major remodel
stage. The van in the driveway is the wood floor guy. Hickory floors are going into the living room, dining room
and two bedrooms. He finished the install yesterday. Sanding and finish to come. The guy in the pickup truck
is putting in an ADA no-barrier shower and sink, and reworking the entry into the house from the garage for
better wheelchair accessibility. The inside of the house is pretty much ripped up at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.