1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

my new stove is louder than the old one HELP IDEAS

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by dave1966, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave1966

dave1966 Member

Loc:
    south jersey
    my new osburn stove is quite abit louder than my old jamestown that was 20 years old itis mostly do to combustion fan could i inclose the area with insulation to help with the noise or will it get better with run time

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Mom2Czars

Mom2Czars New Member

Loc:
    southernNH
    This is the first pellet stove we've ever had and we're a little concerned with the noise of the fan. Apparently putting it into the "quiet" mode isn't even going to do anything, either. We have ours right in the midst of our living space so that it will distribute heat well, but I have to say I'm a little less than gung ho on this right now. :(

If anyone has any suggestions on dealing with the sound issue, I'm all ears. ;)
  3. dave1966

dave1966 Member

Loc:
    south jersey
    mine is better now it had a bad high heat sensior they came in replaced it and it is quieter dont under stand what that had to do with the noise but now it will keep running,the stove puts out alot more than my old stove so the little bit of extra noise is not that bad.they think it caused the fan to run harder to cool down.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.