My small Wood Operation w/pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
OK, I just love seeing everyone's pictures of wood cutting operations, so here is mine. I hope someone enjoys them. I posted in another thread my recent score of red oak, pictured here.

Attachments

• Wood Operation.jpg
    Wood Operation.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 599
  • Wood Operation 4.jpg
    Wood Operation 4.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 607
  • Wood Operation 5.jpg
    Wood Operation 5.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 587
  • yd shed.jpg
    yd shed.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 602
  • yd shed 2.jpg
    yd shed 2.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 607
+2, 2 thumbs up from over here. nice and tidy. I like your shed?. With dry wood storage! You do that yourself?

maxed_out said:
+2, 2 thumbs up from over here. nice and tidy. I like your shed?. With dry wood storage! You do that yourself?
Thanks, and yes I built it many years ago, but added onto it this past summer. There is about a cord inside the shed, besides the stacks on the outside, under roof. Its not much, but it's home to me. I envy Zap and others with such beautiful places and woods behind their house to cut, but I try to make the best of what I have. And I'll say it again, keep posting your pictures of your wood operations.....I love looking at what others have and how they do it. Steve

Really cool deal there!

Looks good, Steve,

Nice shed Thanks for the pictures.

Looks real good tfdchief. You no doubt are appreciating the dry wood and also with the coming snow, it will be very nice indeed.

Backwoods Savage said:
Looks real good tfdchief. You no doubt are appreciating the dry wood and also with the coming snow, it will be very nice indeed.
Well, coming from you that feels real good, cause I have seen your operation and envy it a lot. I have to cut where ever I can and haul it to my house. Then haul it from the front to back 'cause I can't get a truck to my back yard. But I love my back yard since its the only "little wood lot" I have and I try to enjoy what I have. Never the less, I love looking at you guy's pictures of your beautiful woods. Thanks.

Well thanks tfdchief. Be sure to look at the pictures I took today while out in the woods. Those pictures were taken straight east of the house. We were less than 1/4 mile from the house where we cut today.

That is not good that you can't get a truck in there but you do have a good way to get it back there anyway even if it is a bit more work. And you are very right; enjoy what you have!

Nice, it looks like you have it down to a science. Nice to have a shed with the overhangs like that.

smokinjay said:
Really cool deal there!
Thanks, As long as you have been around here, I imagine you have seen some very cool operations. You just have to tell me what your signature means?

tfdchief said:
OK, I just love seeing everyone's pictures of wood cutting operations, so here is mine. I hope someone enjoys them. I posted in another thread my recent score of red oak, pictured here.

tfdchief, everything looks great and very neat. The shed is really nice, great job.

zap

tfdchief, everything looks great and very neat. The shed is really nice, great job.

zap

How do you manage to keep everything so tidy? Shoot my bedroom isn’t that neat! Good job!

Gary
Thanks guys. I would say I keep it neat because I don't have much room, but the truth is, I just take pride in that.

tfdchief said:

zap

How do you manage to keep everything so tidy? Shoot my bedroom isn’t that neat! Good job!

Gary
Thanks guys. I would say I keep it neat because I don't have much room, but the truth is, I just take pride in that.

tdfchief how old is the wagon, looks real sturdy.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.