My stove cracked! Update Feb. 7

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Postalizer said:
Looked at my i2400 just now because you guys got me concerned, and
I noticed that the area where your cracks are appearing don't seem the same
on my stove. In the pictures it looks like the cracks are starting at a 90 degree
corner, but on mine the corners of the opening are curved to form a radius.
Now I purchased my stove this past summer so maybe this was a design change
because they realized there were problems. Or maybe I am just not seeing the picture
right.

Ed

same here. Mine is round in the inside edge making the hole a round-edged rectangle. I bought it during fall 2008. Hope Regency will replace your insert.

Thanks for all the info. I got a call today from the dealer asking if Tuesday would be OK for the new stove to be put in! I hadn't even known if it would be covered by warranty. Needless to say I'm very pleased with this outcome and I'm very happy with both the dealer and Regency. The process was fast, all told about three weeks and simple; I took about fifteen pics of the stove and sent them to the dealer.

sounds great had it not been a warranty issue I personally would have drilled a small hole at the end of each crack and just welded them up. ground down the weld then hit it with a little black stove paint I did that on my old Earth Stove. I have to agree square holes with heating and cooling expansion and contraction is bad.

hilly said:
Thanks for all the info. I got a call today from the dealer asking if Tuesday would be OK for the new stove to be put in! I hadn't even known if it would be covered by warranty. Needless to say I'm very pleased with this outcome and I'm very happy with both the dealer and Regency. The process was fast, all told about three weeks and simple; I took about fifteen pics of the stove and sent them to the dealer.

Glad to hear this worked out for you. Being a Regency I2400 owner myself, I am happy to see that they stood by their product.

As promised, the stove was installed yesterday and I couldn't be more impressed with my dealer or Regency. They stand behind their product and back it with excellent service. I guess that is what is meant by old-fashioned service.

Status
Not open for further replies.