My Vernon ae control board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jgalvin

Oct 31, 2021
Central Mass
The very last week of last season I smelt a plasticie smell for a week and then the stove stopped working. In my typical fashion I didn’t start working on it until this year. I found the control board melted at the power supply connector and also melted connectors. How would I get new connectors that are melted and how do I protect/ troubleshoot another issue here? Thanks in advance!

My Vernon ae control board My Vernon ae control board My Vernon ae control board

The power supply harness is a "weak" spot in the AE. It takes watching it and when the white connector starts to turn brown, it is time for a new harness. kap

You can most likely source the plugs at Digikey or Dell Electronics but looks to me like it ate up part of your board as well.

In hind sight it would have been much better if you had investigated it in the spring because now you get to freeze your potatoes off waiting for new parts.