My Wet Firewood....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedOctober

Nov 12, 2007
Orangeburg, NY
Last night the local woodman dropped of a standard cord and a half in my driveway. Having recently moved, I was unable to locate my old tarp in all the mess of boxes in my garage and basement.

Long story short, all my beautiful, dry hardwood is soaked from the rain. And, I was wondering whether or not this is a problem, or will it dry (as I think it will) in a few days.

Thanx in advance for the imput

If the wood was seasoned before the rain, you should be fine since the wind and sun will dry the surface.

Matt

R O, Your wood will be fine, it only wet the outter surfaces, just give it a couple days in the sun and it will be fine. Don't cover it now...it will only hold in the moisture, let it air dry.

Yep, I'm in the same situation. Mine has gotten wet a few times. I've just been taking a few days load off the top and stacking it in the sun and then some next to the stove. Its all been relatively dry once it hit the stove.

That has happened to me but it was just me who forgot to cover the wood up before the rain. Leave it uncovered, as noted, and cover it if we get more rain. Just leave it out there in the elements until you are sure it has dried.

Status
Not open for further replies.