My woodstove is installed after much work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to bring the porch up to the level of the main floor, so I filled it in with solid wood, 2x4s and 2x6 wood, then the concrete board on top of it, then the slate. Extra footings with R-bar underneath to better support the porch.

Make that zany candy hungry people in Bellyham.

I got my plans approved by the planning commission... Ha ha, they all looked like a bunch of stoners, this town has a heavy hippy population. Gotta run to the hardware store and get some more supplies to finish this project.

Wait until the middle of winter. You'll need to have someone wipe that silly grin off your face once in awhile.

I lit my first fires last week when it got cold!

August2008190-1.jpg

Now, that's what we're talkin' about here! Rick

Yeah !!! Good for you !!!!
:coolsmile:

Wow, you did an awesome job on that stove and room. I wish I was that handy. That looks so nice with the fire burnin' congratulations

Yee Hah! We've got fire. How's she burning for you?

Here's the Central Oregon high desert last winter, Mr. Sawdust:

Attachments

• winter.jpg
    winter.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 131
WW & Fossil ..it's so pretty,but I am sure it is rough.

Got a few hurricanes sniffing my, I'll take the snow, par favor :coolsmirk:

I wanna light my stove just from looking at those pictures of the snow! Nice looking install.

WonderingWoman said:
sawdustburners said:
WonderingWoman said:
It works like a charm. I can't wait for real cold!!!
yeah, like theres real cold in the pac NW!

I don't know, we do have snow on the ground 3-4 months a year here...

Pook, there are lots of climate zones in the PacNW. We have mountains here that make the Appalachians seem like pimples. And eastern WA is an entirely different climate than western WA. It often gets 20-30 deg colder in eastern WA than west in winter and often 20 degrees hotter in summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.