Mystery part for 1995 Spectrum Classic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankhay

Aug 31, 2015
Bancroft, Ontario
I just picked up an old PE in really good shape, old enough to have a mild steel baffle. Trouble is, on my first burn the part in the pic dropped down into the firebox. The guy I bought it from pulled the baffle when I was looking at it, so I'm assuming that when he put everything back together, he just didn't lay this in right.

I can't find any parts diagrams or manuals for this vintage. The links I have found on the site are dead. Can anyone tell me how this piece is installed? Seems to sit on the front of the side rails if you slide it up. Does it push tight to the baffle? the other way?

In case the pic isn't clear: it's a steel angle, slightly larger than 90 degrees, with 8 perforations in it.

Grateful for any help.

Attachments

• baffle part.jpg
    baffle part.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 114
Okay, Okay. I think I have it figured. Seems to fit right in with the longer, perforated leg laying flat, tight to the front of the baffle, with the shorter leg angled upwards and toward the front. Any conformation would be helpful, though. And links to an older manual. I don't see this part in any of the PE parts diagrams.

that's the air boost manifold, it doesn't go up top. It sits under the door with the holes facing forward into the firebox. There should be some pins that it sit between.
I'm not sure why but i've come across a couple stoves where people had placed that between the baffle and top, but it was never intended to be placed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.