N/S Load more level heat in my Homestead?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkxingu

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jun 3, 2007
S.NH
Hi All,
This last year, I cut all my rounds 20" as to allow me to stuff my Homestead for longer burns. Lately, I've been able to go eight or so hours between fills, but the heat slowly ramps up to 500 or so and slowly ramps down. Today I had a bunch of shorter pieces, short enough to let me fill N/S, so I did. This load went from 100 to 500 in about half an hour and has stayed there for the last two hours (and still going strong).

Comments? (I'm also wondering, btw, if these pieces were three year old oak vs. one year maple).

S

I'm finding that n-s loading works better in my Homestead. Heats up faster and lasts longer
Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.