Names with faces ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wood-fan-atic said:
Appearently, there already WAS a pic post like this last January. I must have been tending to the stove, or watching football, either way - I missed it. Rick was nice enough to post the link - and offered to leave this one here for awhile -- SO - if you would like -- LETS SEE THOSE PICS

Nope, you was there, with your wife, about 2/3rds the way down this page. https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/67803/P220/

Carbon_Liberator said:
wood-fan-atic said:
Appearently, there already WAS a pic post like this last January. I must have been tending to the stove, or watching football, either way - I missed it. Rick was nice enough to post the link - and offered to leave this one here for awhile -- SO - if you would like -- LETS SEE THOSE PICS

Nope, you was there, with your wife, about 2/3rds the way down this page. https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/67803/P220/

:red: I looked thru the post....and found myself on page 11 (I think). My memory is the product of a mis-spent youth....a little fuzzy - and sometimes not there at all. Its a cross I have to bare. It drives the Mrs. CRAZY. ;-P

wood-fan-atic said:
Carbon_Liberator said:
wood-fan-atic said:

:red: I looked thru the post....and found myself on page 11 (I think). My memory is the product of a mis-spent youth....a little fuzzy - and sometimes not there at all. Its a cross I have to bare. It drives the Mrs. CRAZY. ;-P

:lol:
Don't feel bad wood-fan-atic....
Like I always say, I have a good memory but its just short dammit!!! :coolsmirk: Mr Gamma just has a "selective memory" >:-(
Congrats on the new baby on the way.... :) I am sure he or she will be a beautiful baby!

GAMMA RAY said:
wood-fan-atic said:
Carbon_Liberator said:
wood-fan-atic said:

:lol:
Don't feel bad wood-fan-atic....
Like I always say, I have a good memory but its just short dammit!!! :coolsmirk: Mr Gamma just has a "selective memory" >:-(
Congrats on the new baby on the way.... :) I am sure he or she will be a beautiful baby!

Thanks!! We're sooooo excited! :lol:

GAMMA RAY said:
Like I always say, I have a good memory but its just short dammit!!!

Mrs woodchip reckons I have a photographic memory......

It just doesn't offer same day service anymore ;-)

And you can't find the film anymore either.

Backwoods Savage said:

Film? Whats that? Never heard of it.

Here I am with my little helper on her 2nd Bday. She does the hauling and I do the stacking.

Attachments

• IMG_0585.jpg
    IMG_0585.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 441
wood-fan-atic said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Film? Whats that? Never heard of it.
That stuff was used way before your time.

Stax said:
Here I am with my little helper on her 2nd Bday. She does the hauling and I do the stacking.
Stax, That is about as cute as it gets. In about 14 years, you are going to need a shot gun!

My oldest granddaughter and I on my beloved 1952 Ford 8N.

KnKtractor.jpg

Me dropping some dead pines in my driveway.

Attachments

• P6260297.jpg
    P6260297.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 587
wood-fan-atic said:
Carbon_Liberator said:
wood-fan-atic said:

Don't sweat it. Of all the thousands of threads here there only about 5 questions:

1) Wood ID? (like it matters)

2) What stove should I buy? (like you don't already have your mind made up)

3) Is this wood OK to burn? (Really?)

4) What splitter should I buy?

5) I know I spent $5K on my stove, and I just dropped and $1500 on a splitter, but my wife won't let me spend $700 for a good saw. (I realize this is neither a question nor a common thread topic, but it is often expressed indirectly)

Bigg_Redd said:
Of all the thousands of threads here there only about 5 questions:

5) I know I spent $5K on my stove, and I just dropped and $1500 on a splitter, but my wife won't let me spend $700 for a good saw. (I realize this is neither a question nor a common thread topic, but it is often expressed indirectly)

I reckon there are another couple of common questions..................

6) I just bought a cheap secondhand stove and I don't see why I should waste $1000 on a flue. Can't I just stick any old pipe up and hope for the best...... ;-)

7) My stove is smoky when it's lit (well, I'd be really worried if it smoked when it was not lit....), my flue has a 20ft horizontal run, then goes vertical for 2 ft to the top. Can anyone help?

Bigg_Redd said:
wood-fan-atic said:
Carbon_Liberator said:
wood-fan-atic said:

Don't sweat it. Of all the thousands of threads here there only about 5 questions:

This may be an all-time longest post by Bigg_Redd.

Ok found a good picture of all of us and it's even in front of the hearth!

Attachments

• DSC01702.jpg
    DSC01702.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 479
ah, what the heck.

One of the offspring and I.

Attachments

• boy1 and I.jpg
    boy1 and I.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 448
EILEEMDIXIE2.jpg

pen said:
ah, what the heck.

One of the offspring and I.

How cute...the kid too.... :lol:
Your son reminds me of the lil kid from A Christmas Story....the way he is bundled up....my mom always bundled me up so much that I could not move my arms.....I still to this day think that's why I am clausterphobic.... :lol:

My stacking crew.

Attachments

• my family 1300.jpg
    my family 1300.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 363
Status
Not open for further replies.