Napoleon 1402 Insert installed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

usner21

Oct 16, 2009
Eastern PA
Well for those of you who had been helping/following my stove quest I finally got my Napoleon 1402 insert installed on Friday. I had purchased and installed an Englander 13NC which I wasn't happy with. I removed that and purchased the Napoleon and man what a difference! This Napoleon insert is fantastic! I have nothing but good things to say about it. The blowers are super quiet, the firebox at 18x18 is perfect for me and the stove just really looks great. I burned it all weekend here in eastern PA with mid 20 degree temps at night and 30's during the day. My home is a bilevel and it had my upstairs crusing at 75 degrees and my back bedrooms were around 73. I am getting great overnight burns out of it as well. If you are in the market for an Insert I would really consider Napoleon. Attached is a pic of my first burn with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 558
Nice, it's good to hear that you are getting some good warmth and enjoying the stove. Thanks for the update.

BeGreen said:
Nice, it's good to hear that you are getting some good warmth and enjoying the stove. Thanks for the update.

Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it as well as every one else who had input on this process! It's really amazing what a bigger size firebox will do. I have about 1400 sq ft and the Napoleon is handling it really well. No issues with heat output for the space i have. I am using one small fan to help pull heat from the stove room into the stairwell that leads upstairs. At a few points last night it was 25 degrees outside and my thermostat upstairs was reading 78 degrees!

how big is that room that the stove is in? And can you get a pic of fan placement? I have the same set up you do maybe. split level. 300 ft downstairs, and 1400 upstairs I'm burning good now, stove top temp is 610 with IR gun (stove top therm is reading 500), and its 70 downstairs, and 63 up. Ceiling fan running upstairs. 24 degrees out.

gkoro said:
how big is that room that the stove is in? And can you get a pic of fan placement? I have the same set up you do maybe. split level. 300 ft downstairs, and 1400 upstairs I'm burning good now, stove top temp is 610 with IR gun (stove top therm is reading 500), and its 70 downstairs, and 63 up. Ceiling fan running upstairs. 24 degrees out.

Room is approximately 300-400 sq ft. I have 4 circular vents cut in the ceiling to allow the heat to rise up to my upstairs. Fan is about 20ft or so from the stove pointed directly at it running on low. The fan is sitting at an angle so the air is being pulled from the stairwell and pushed towards the stove. It is working really well. Do you have any vents in your ceiling to allow the air to move up through the floor? Are you using the blowers on your stove?

Awesome! That is great to hear. Sounds like the 1402 was a great fit for you and your set up. Looks great too. Good luck with it.

DaFattKidd said:
Awesome! That is great to hear. Sounds like the 1402 was a great fit for you and your set up. Looks great too. Good luck with it.

Yeah it is a little larger than I need so it is perfect! Go big or go home!

no vents. I went out today to look for a fan. good luck finding a fan at like bed bath and beyond in december....I was getting the wierdest looks. I'm contimplating putting it at the bottom of the stairs at an angle like you, or in the middle section of the split stairs blowing down. I guess trial and error will find out. anything in the way of your fan setup? Between my fireplace and the stairs is a couch. Any hinderance?

gkoro said:
no vents. I went out today to look for a fan. good luck finding a fan at like bed bath and beyond in december....I was getting the wierdest looks. I'm contimplating putting it at the bottom of the stairs at an angle like you, or in the middle section of the split stairs blowing down. I guess trial and error will find out. anything in the way of your fan setup? Between my fireplace and the stairs is a couch. Any hinderance?

I got my fan's at Target last week and they had a bunch of them. If there is one nearby you could try that. As far as placement of the fan it all depends on your personal setup. I would think if you put it on the middle section of the split stairs blowing down it would help move the cool air down towards the stove. You should really consider cutting some air vents in your ceiling/floor between floors. I think that would significantly increase your air flow upstairs as hot air rises.

Status
Not open for further replies.