Napoleon NZ6000 or Kozy Heat ZC 42 - Help???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Air Dog

Sep 6, 2012
I just bought a Napoleon NZ6000 from someone on craigslist. It has the wrought iron doors, the screen kit and the blower plus I got a lot of chimney pipe and ducting.

A new construction home was purchased and this fireplace was in it uninstalled.

The guy I bought it from wanted to go with a free standing stove or something I guess.

Here are my questions:
1. Is this too much of a heat source for what I want to do?
2. Someone wants to buy this fireplace from me, should I sell it and use the money to get a Kozy Heat? The local shop sells these and I was about to buy one when I came across the Napoleon.

I love the Napoleon, but don't want to have to spend the winter with all the windows open either.

Here is the info on my set up:

I own a 4 year old 3 story colonial in New Hampshire that is 2100 square feet and the footprint is 28 x 34. The first floor is all open concept with the only wall is the stairs going up and even that has double railings so that is open.

I plan to install the unit in the living room flush on a full wall and build a wood and vinyl siding chimney to cover the stove pipe.

The room the stove is going in is situated over the drive under 2 car garage.

My hope was to heat the first floor and pipe some heat down into the garage.

Any help with this one is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

I think the Kozy is a better unit. If you can sell the Napoleon without financial pain, go for it.

Why? The Napoleon is not a very clean burner, it's not an EPA approved stove. It's front door air wash receives many complaints and there appear to be build issues.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/napoleon-nz6000.35405/

Decided to keep the Napoleon.

Having it installed next month.

Anyone recommend the best place to buy 24' of Stove Pipe?

Need Class A Triple Wall Pipe.

Thanks,

C

Status
Not open for further replies.