Napoleon stoves, any good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger72

Minister of Fire
Oct 11, 2014
Long Island, NY
Coworker asked me about a Napoleon stove, specially the NPI 45 insert. I have zero knowledge of them. He is looking for an insert that won't break the bank, is easy to clean and fairly trouble free.

Coworker asked me about a Napoleon stove, specially the NPI 45 insert. I have zero knowledge of them. He is looking for an insert that won't break the bank, is easy to clean and fairly trouble free.
I have no experience with burning one but have looked at some of their models and they appear very well made. I have not read of any more complaints in the forums about them than any other stove and less than some. I'd classify them as good middle road. Be ware that some models do not have ash pans, I have no idea about this particular insert. So that is something to investigate. Some have self scraping pots as well. As I recall, they are top feeders. Cleaning messages puts them as fairly straight forward, they have a couple of passages to pay attention to as do many inserts, even some of Harman's.

Best I can tell you without owning one. I've checked them out a couple of times, they have models that knock on the cost door I might consider for a basement install.

Status
Not open for further replies.