Natural gas log problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sooner.1

Nov 13, 2017
Texas
Recently purchased a new to new house with a ventless gas fireplace,the pilot lights good and burner lights right up but,after 20 min or so the flames will begin to go down then out .the pilot will stay burning during this then after mabe 10 min or so flame will re light.there is no wall switch or thermostat on this unit.

I would take a hard look at the pilot light assembly, I'm guessing that you are tripping some sort of safety device, whether it be 02 or high temp. You might want to take some compressed air, and gently blow and orifices or vent holes clear. Spider webs can cause a lot of headaches in things like this.

I would take a hard look at the pilot light assembly, I'm guessing that you are tripping some sort of safety device, whether it be 02 or high temp. You might want to take some compressed air, and gently blow and orifices or vent holes clear. Spider webs can cause a lot of headaches in things like this.
Thank you for the information,I will give those things a try tonight after work