NC30 Pricing WTH?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedogz

Minister of Fire
Oct 9, 2011
NE Maryland
Just splashing around on Home Cheapo's site... If I drive 35 miles into Baltimore, I camn buy an NC30 for $1199, but if I drive 30 miles the other way into Lancaster, it's in stock for $899!

What the...?

I was just poking around there too, and was surprised at the price. I know when everybody was buying them for $649 earlier this year they were entering a different zip for their home store and getting different prices.

bluedogz said:
Just splashing around on Home Cheapo's site... If I drive 35 miles into Baltimore, I camn buy an NC30 for $1199, but if I drive 30 miles the other way into Lancaster, it's in stock for $899!

What the...?
Here.s something even more bizarre, the 13 which is much smaller and lighter and ALWAYS priced about $100-$200 less than the 30 is $150 More than the 30 right now At $899 for the 30 and $1049 for the 13. MOre money for a smaller lighter less capable stove. Off season prices for the 13 are anywhere from $350 to $500 in my area past years.

Seasoned Oak said:
bluedogz said:

What the...?
Here.s something even more bizarre, the 13 which is much smaller and lighter and ALWAYS priced about $100-$200 less than the 30 is $150 More than the 30 right now At $899 for the 30 and $1049 for the 13. MOre money for a smaller lighter less capable stove. Off season prices for the 13 are anywhere from $350 to $500 in my area past years.

I have heard stories of a 30 seen in HD for $649... but they may have been a figment of his imagination...

I thought members were getting the 30 for 499 or 550 shipped in the spring of the year by playing with the zip codes?

An HD in New Jersey was selling them for $649 back in the spring. Having them shipped direct from the ESW plant. Since they have gone to special order only and not stocking the stoves it looks like it is store manager's option on the pricing.

Since Lowe's went to special order only on'em I wouldn't bet on those end of season closeouts being around. If they don't have them sitting in the way when they need to start putting out the lawn mowers then there is nothing to close out.

Get a good price delivered from overstockstoves.com and get to burning if they are the stove you want.

I was one of the folks that posted about this and had folks change it to my store here in Washington, Pa. 15301 I found out by a fluke looking to see if the stove was supposed to come with a blower. Well when I seen that it did and that I paid 1100 and the new price was 649 I calld. They corrected and refunded the difference. Heck of a stove for 649 bux!

Plays with Fire saved me a ton of money back in July! I put in his zip code on the East Coast and had it shipped for FREE to S. California for $649. It was $1199 with my local zip code as the local store. I don't understand why the Home Depot price would be different depending on the home store, but it is.

Thanks again Plays with Fire!

I live near Charlotte, nc and the price around here is $1199. I drove to Washington PA today, but before I hit the road this morning I called the local HD. The manager there told me I could not get the $899 price and have it delivered to the NC store. I told him the web site said shipping was included in the price. He told me thats not how it works. At this time I am planning to purchase here and haul it back down with me. Not sure I'll have the room though. It depends on the size of the gifts the kids get for Christmas.

bluedogz said:
Seasoned Oak said:
bluedogz said:

What the...?

I have heard stories of a 30 seen in HD for $649... but they may have been a figment of his imagination...
I bought 2. 30s this year. One for $669 in feb and one for $649 in Sept.Both came with free shipping to my door. The first one i used my own zip code but the second i put in Erie PA to get the best price

I also bought a 30 back in March for $649 w/ free shipping. I entered a zip out of Pennsylvania.... cannot remember which city. I am in Southern Illinois.

The 30 ROCKS by the way!

Loco Gringo said:
I thought members were getting the 30 for 499 or 550 shipped in the spring of the year by playing with the zip codes?

That is correct. 599 shipped was a going price for it. Of course that was the spring.

KatWill said:
Loco Gringo said:

That is correct. 599 shipped was a going price for it. Of course that was the spring.

Spring will come again, the good Lord willin' an' the creek don't rise.

If you can hang on till the spring, I would recommend it. I did last year and it payed off tremendously. I love my stove, it has a learning curve but im very happy with it.

Run that Sierra right and you can hang on for a long time now that you have that liner in.

BrotherBart said:
Run that Sierra right and you can hang on for a long time now that you have that liner in.
That firebox is too small for a decent overnight burn.
Its long but very narrow front to back.

Hogwildz said:
BrotherBart said:
That firebox is too small for a decent overnight burn.
Its long but very narrow front to back.

It's not perfect, but I'm making it work. I've found if I stuff the hell out of it at 10-11pm I wake up at 6 to a pretty good pile of coals and the dining room at 72. Just get it flaming good and cut air down to about 25%.

BTW, this is WAY better than before the liner. Before I would wake up to a large pile of dead unburned charcoal.

Status
Not open for further replies.