Need Advice ... new Harman Accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptown88

Mar 15, 2015
Pottstown, PA
So I have a 135 year old Victorian. New windows and furnace. But 14' ceilings. I just put in a Harman Accentra. It does a pretty good job, but I do have it in my main living room. It has steps across the room from the fireplace. I have a lot of heat going upstairs, which is good. But my questions are:
  • What are some optimal settings? Room temp or stove temp? Feed rate? I use it to break the chill.
  • Best place for the room sensor? They had it under the stove.
  • I am not confident that the room sensor is the way to go. I have seen it shut down, but not start up. Likely I'm not being patient enough

Because the room is so wide open and heat goes up the steps, I'm thinking to use the stove temp setting and throttle back the feed rate, but leave the fan on high.

Also, any thoughts about use and placement of fans? So far so good though. I have shut the downstairs furnace zone off. Definitely a help

Main page of the forum has a thread "How your Harman works..."
The Harman website has a section on owner resources that has videos for use & care; cleaning, etc. Found at the bottom of the page...
http://www.harmanstoves.com/Products/Accentra-Pellet-Stove.aspx

Glad to hear that it is shouldering some of the heat load. The more you use it and learn the settings, the better it will get! I don't have a Harman so not much help on specifics...

Welcome to the forum ... We love pics of stoves;)

Reactions: fmsm
Status
Not open for further replies.