Need Part for Jotul Stove - Where can I get this and shipped to my home??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlankBlankBlank

Minister of Fire
Oct 12, 2011
PA
Need "Dripless Flue Collar Adaptor #950083" for my Jotul F118 Black Bear. Anyone know where I can order this and have it shipped to my house? This adaptor is for use in top exit chimney installations. It has a double lip to keep potential combustion by products (condensate) in the stove.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe try www.prestontradingpost.com? You might also want to look into the pipe mfg.'s solutions. What type of connector pipe will this be used for?

BeGreen said:
Maybe try www.prestontradingpost.com? You might also want to look into the pipe mfg.'s solutions. What type of connector pipe will this be used for?

I am using Selkirk's Supervent class A chimney pipe and Supervent double wall stove pipe. My stove came with a 5" to 6" adapter, but for top pipe installs Jotul makes a double lip connector that I'm looking for. The shop where I bought my stove is located a couple hours away. They offered great service. As for this part, they can offer it but it would ship to their store and then they would ship it to me, incurring double shipping charges. No drop ship available.

I think you are stuck with the drive. Jotul spanks any dealer that offers stoves or parts over the Internet.

Two used to that I know of. One stopped suddenly and the other one's site says they are now out of business.

BrotherBart said:
I think you are stuck with the drive. Jotul spanks any dealer that offers stoves or parts over the Internet.

Two used to that I know of. One stopped suddenly and the other one's site says they are now out of business.

I was afraid of that.

WoodNStuff said:
BrotherBart said:

I was afraid of that.

The truth of the matter is that you would have paid for shipping to the Internet dealer and then on to you anyway. It wouldn't have been drop shipped.

I went into my Jotul dealer to pick up some gaskets, he did not have them. Since I live in a different town (no dealer), he ordered the gaskets and Jotul shipped them direct to me. I paid for them at the time he ordered. Worked out fine.

I see no harm in doing it this way...?

WoodNStuff said:
BeGreen said:

I am using Selkirk's Supervent class A chimney pipe and Supervent double wall stove pipe. My stove came with a 5" to 6" adapter, but for top pipe installs Jotul makes a double lip connector that I'm looking for. The shop where I bought my stove is located a couple hours away. They offered great service. As for this part, they can offer it but it would ship to their store and then they would ship it to me, incurring double shipping charges. No drop ship available.

The adapter may be extraneous. How does the Supervent double-wall mate with the adapter? Does it seat nicely in it? If so, that should be fine.

Frostbit said:
I went into my Jotul dealer to pick up some gaskets, he did not have them. Since I live in a different town (no dealer), he ordered the gaskets and Jotul shipped them direct to me. I paid for them at the time he ordered. Worked out fine.

I see no harm in doing it this way...?

Frostbit, did you have a gap similar in size to the photo below? I've also included photos of the adaptor and the gasket material that came with the stove. I assume the rope type gasket material (which is a peal and stick type) is for the stope pipe adaptor.

Any info/tips about installing the adaptor onto the top of the stove with a good seal would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Jotul Stove Pipe Adaptor Close Up.jpg
    Jotul Stove Pipe Adaptor Close Up.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 549
  • Jotul Gasket Material.jpg
    Jotul Gasket Material.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 428
  • Jotul Stove Pipe Adaptor.jpg
    Jotul Stove Pipe Adaptor.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 744
BeGreen said:
WoodNStuff said:
BeGreen said:

The adapter may be extraneous. How does the Supervent double-wall mate with the adapter? Does it seat nicely in it? If so, that should be fine.

My double-wall stove pipe is a special order which hasn't arrived yet. I opted for a telescoping section with a range of 38"-68", allowing me to install just one piece from my stove to the chimney adaptor at the ceiling.

The issue is the fit between Jotul's stove pipe adaptor and the cast stove flange fitting on the top of the stove. I suspect the reasons Jotul designed the adaptor to be larger than the cast flange were to allow room for a gasket and because the cast iron and the sheet steel adaptor probably expand/contract at different rates.

Jotul has adapters for several of their stoves because in Europe there are a lot of five inch stove pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.