need some quick help - relining flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lfunk11

Jan 8, 2010
Morgantown, WV
So after one issue after another - mostly me being afraid of being so high up, we got the new liner down the chase, but now its stuck on a S bend. We are pulling from the bottom and pushing from the top, but no go. Any suggestions other than brute force? Had to buy one of those multi-task ladders and that worked great :)

Is somebody rotating the liner while somebody pulls from the bottom. Lift, rotate, pull. Lift, rotate, pull.

I didn't have a good way to get a ladder to the top of my chimney so I rented a lift. I bet I had the bucket bouncing up and down over half a foot as I tried to get 25 feet of liner down the chimney.

Matt

we got it all the way down so it was poking out from the bottom, but could not get it any further. I need to secure something to the bottom better than what I had to pull it down the last little bit. I ripped apart my hands and arms trying to twist and shove it down (I even had gloves on), but that did work to get it down to where it is now. The football game was coming on and I was a bit shaky on the ladder so we called it a day. I will mess with it tonight after work attacking it from the bottom.

My dad who isn't great with heights was at the bottom and he went from a white guy to a black guy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.