Need Thermostat Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The vac switch essentially stops the stove from running if empty, correct?

Ill top it off and run it tonight. Next week's gonna get cold so gettin this finicky thing fixed ahead of time.

Tired of bein up at 2am freezing my manhood off to babysit this thing.
No the vacuum switch tells you whether or not your vent is clogged

Ok, so, jumped vac switch. Exaust fan comes on. No pellets drop. Plug back into vac switch, i got pellets. Tried this 4 times.. manually jump-fan only. Reconnect to flow switch, pellets.

Its intermitent that the fan comes on with no pellet drop. But flipping tstat usually makes the auger kick in.

Thought id update my progress.
I dont mean to hijack a thread.

Edit: 2nd cycle since i been home. Started normal. Pellets dropped, fan runnin. Startling to think the high quality connections (heavy sarcasm) may be a culprit.

Edit-- runnin consistantly now. I THINK the wires connecting the vac switch had bad connections. Try crimping them tighter with some pliers. Might save ya a repair bill.

Edit--seems the connections are my issue. Stove is running fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.