1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Needing a crew for the Ice storm Who's in?

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by smokinj, Jan 31, 2011.

1. JeffT

JeffT Member

Loc:
    Dayton Ohio
    started spitting rain here,25*and pizza in the oven.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Bocefus78

Bocefus78 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Just Outside Indy
    1 inch of ice/sleet so far.
  3. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    Same here....Jeff look out your on a stright line from us and only an hour away! Pizza and beer?
  4. JeffT

JeffT Member

Loc:
    Dayton Ohio
    Jay,you still on line?We accumulated maybe 1/4'' of ice overnight.30 miles n/w of here there's 1/2'' to 3/4''.
  5. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    I have not went out yet but the tree's from the window(lol) look like there encase in ice.
  6. Mmaul

Mmaul Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Muncie, IN
    I got lucky here, just had sleet and snow didnt stick to power lines but when you walk on the ice snow mix I dont make an impression.
  7. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    [quote author="MMaul" date="1296582059"]I got lucky here, just had sleet and snow didnt stick to power lines but when you walk on the ice snow mix I dont make an impression

Round two coming up.....
  8. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    We got about .25 or so of ice. Trees are sagging hard already. Supposed to get another .5 today and .25 tonight. Then the wind.

I lost power from about 10P - 2A. I think that's just a small taste of what we're going to get.
  9. Mmaul

Mmaul Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Muncie, IN
    Here calling for snow to start around 2 p.m. and continue to Thurs at 9 am.
  10. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    Sounds like its going to be no reason not to be a couple years ahead on wood. Weaterman calling it a 12-z run lol
  11. Mmaul

Mmaul Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Muncie, IN
    Being I am working on getting 2 years ahead I should sell off next years at a premium right now, and just replace it. :)
  12. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana

YES With what where cutting now thats a no-brainer! (Locus and hedge) Pretty awesome when you can over look that monster ash!
  13. CountryBoy19

CountryBoy19 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    ah dang... I stayed home from work today for nothing. Got up at 4, saw 1/4" of ice and just went back to bed. But I knew I wasted a day off when my wife called me a feline and said she was going to work (school). When the schools down here don't cancel it means the roads are really good yet.

Oh well... it won't hurt to stay home and rest and get some stuff done. maybe I'll dig the lanterns out to jinx the storm from dumping ice on us.
  14. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana

Our schools are all closed trees are very heavy...Just a matter of time now! Another 3/4 inch of ice coming with 35-40 mph winds with some gusting up to 60mph. This will shut everything down unless they have an awesome gen-set! I have one but it darn sure not Awesome.

Oh and the truck been running for 45min;s and still cant see out the windshield...........
  15. HittinSteel

HittinSteel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    I was going to stay home as well. After listening to the forecast last night, it sounded like armegeddon. Got up this morning, no snow whatsoever and a just a little ice. Getting sick and tired of the "boy that cried wolf" weather channel. I'm sure it helps their ratings though and advertising. Liars.
  16. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana

Northeastren ohio should be calling for 10-16inchs before its over. HEAVY WINDS BITTER COLD TO FOLLOW IT UP!
  17. HittinSteel

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    I'm not quite North eastern Ohio........ About an hour south of cleveland. We are forecasted to get next to nothing.
  18. ISeeDeadBTUs

ISeeDeadBTUs Guest

We just stick our head out the window in such situations . . .but then, we been rednecks in Upstate NY since b4 bein redneck was cool ;-)
  19. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

I might stay home on Wednesday and go back in to save a topped off tree from the storm. :vampire:

Zap
  20. ISeeDeadBTUs

ISeeDeadBTUs Guest

:grrr: So far all white here . . .no pink and no green.

You go back in Wednesday Zap, you better have the winch and a long cable to get back out!!
  21. Mmaul

Mmaul Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Muncie, IN
    I’m not quite North eastern Ohio…..... About an hour south of cleveland. We are forecasted to get next to nothingWhere in Ohio? I'm from Akron.
  22. HittinSteel

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    The booming metropolis of Wooster......Howdy neighbor.
  23. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    17 degrees with -1 windchill now.About 2" snow overnight,the heavier stuff starting again tonight,5 to 9 inches by Wednesday morning.Not as bad as they originally thought,the worst is south & southeast of here.
  24. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

It won't be the first time the winch has saved my butt. Unless we get 8-10 inches of snow tonight I'll be back in early with pictures to follow, one topped off cherry and some dead standing.

Zap
  25. Mmaul

Mmaul Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Muncie, IN
    Yes, everytime I drive to my parents house I pass Wooster. I have family that live in Orrville. I am actually from the large city of Barberton.