Needle in a Haystack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

George A

Jun 25, 2016
Maryland
So I've been trying to find a liner locally for my current clay liner and chimney. My current one is oval due to my damper inside the brick is only 5 3/4" wide so a 8" round liner connection to my fisher insert is not feasible. Ive been burning wood out of a Country Comfort stove since 86 and have never had any issues with my chimney holding creosote, always clean, knock on wood. Even the company that i have used in the past told me only call them every 2-3 years due to how clean she drafts. I picked up this Fisher last year and never got around to installing it and this project needed to be completed. So i went to a friend of mine who is a hell of a welder to make me an adapter that would go to my oval liner to the round flue on the Fisher. Well turns out he is jammed up and he told me to go check with this Amish gentlemen we know. Low and behold, i walk into his shop and he just picked up some of these liners from a auction. Who would of thought these were still around, and on top of that, he had the block off plate and new insulation that was still in its original packaging, and sold it to me dirt cheap. Now i need to get a 8" male to male collar to connect the 2 and installation should be done. Oh, and then to finish whitewashing the brick
3166D685-91BB-4BE3-AEE3-8BE07816C62C_zpsma4xrwf3.jpg

CF1E6A98-713E-4436-B58C-91FED4B8C4B2_zps202zfsnb.jpg