Nestor Martin TQH43 the flame is too strong

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Adel1981

Dec 10, 2022
Israel
Hi,
I have new wood Nestor Martin TQH43 stove installed in my house.
The chimney is straight, about 2 m inside the room and about 3.5m outside.
When I light the woods and the flame is strong, I close the lower air totally, then I close the upper air intake to minimum but the flame still very strong!
I saw there is a setting for the minimum air intake and closed it totally for check and still have strong flame.
When both the upper & lower air intakes closed, the flame should decrease or turn off, but it still burning.
What do you think the reason?

I don’t think Israel gets a lot of rainfall, so your wood may be too dry. The Mediterranean/chaparral biome is also known for fast burning, oily wood as it’s a naturally fire controlled locale. Your wood may naturally have it’s own fire starter inside of it.

Do you have a moisture meter?

How fast are you turning down the secondary air?

Reactions: Adel1981
My wood that I use now is totally dry.
it's olive wood or citrus wood
I have moisture meter.
I turn it down fast, from max. to min. and wait, but the flame still the same.

Last edited: