new 52i 6 blink ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbill

Oct 6, 2015
newhampshire
Hey all, brand new 52i only had about 20 bags ran through it, cleaned after the first 5,10 , scrape the burn pot every day sometimes a couple times a day. we just had the first good cold snap up here and have been running it a lil harder the past couple nights and just now looked at it and it burned out and is throwing a 6 light code now. I pulled the insert out after the first dozen bags or so, I had been trying different pellets and some where pretty dirty so I cleaned out the fines box, slid it back and it had been running fine up until tonight, guess ill clean it out again and see what's up, just figured I'd ask if this might be a common thing to watch out for or any known problems,, thanks

6 blinks means poor or incomplete combustion. The stove will shut its self down when this occurs. Check and clean all passage ways.check hopper lid is closed properly no pellets around the seal, make sure your clean out cap is seated properly. Give the hole stove a good look over till you find the issue. It could be something as simple as no pellets in the hopper or leaves plugged in you OAK vent let us know what you find.

Loose fines cover, dirty ESP for the list

well.. did a good cleaning removed the combustion cover and all clean outs and she's back up and running, not sure just what it might have been, everything was pretty clean in side but the combustion blower had a good amount of build up, prob from the couple bags of crappy pellets I had tried, thanks,,

Keep us posted. I'm not convinced you've discovered the issue yet......

Reactions: F4jock
Did the pellets maybe bridge or hang up on the hopper sides and run it out? Only time I ever got six is when I inadvertently let the thing go dry.

the wife said she had added pellets as it was almost out ,( wish she told me before she left for work ) maybe that had something to do with it. after I cleaned it last night it ran all night with out a prop, hopefully that's all it was, like you said its early to have a prob like this. thanks for all the reply's great site !, I'm starting to wonder why the dealer talked me out of an OAK, I have a open floor plan with the chimney separating the kitchen / living room where the insert is, so running one out a wall isn't an option. from what I've heard sounds like ill find every draft with out one. how's everyone running there's

the wife said she had added pellets as it was almost out ,( wish she told me before she left for work ) maybe that had something to do with it. after I cleaned it last night it ran all night with out a prop, hopefully that's all it was, like you said its early to have a prob like this. thanks for all the reply's great site !, I'm starting to wonder why the dealer talked me out of an OAK, I have a open floor plan with the chimney separating the kitchen / living room where the insert is, so running one out a wall isn't an option. from what I've heard sounds like ill find every draft with out one. how's everyone running there's

I've had that happen and added pellets too late in the shutdown process and it turned off. When I let it run dry but add pellets before it completely shuts off, I switch to stove temp mode for a few seconds and then back to temp mode. I have also turned the mode dial to the off position and then back to temp mode and that also kickstarts the auger and pellets start feeding again.

Should have got the oak. I am on my second year with my 52i and last year we found every draft in the house. I also have an open floor plan and the draft we get on our feet makes the family room, where the stove is, feel cold all the time. The room can be 75 and you feel cold unless your wearing slippers on your feet. Tried to install an oak this summer but ran into all kind of problems. The way I wanted to do it, I ran into blockage that I couldn't get through. Only way I can put oak in is to put a hole through back of existing chimney into garage then run along inside wall then out exterior wall. At this point I still don't have an oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.