new and looking for some direction.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsmtih101

Jan 17, 2014
NWS Chicago
hello everybody,

first post and really first time here on the site. so if this is in the wrong location i apologize in advance. the primary reason for me seeking advice from here is twofold. 1 being i have plans to heat my garage with a stove. 2ndly i am in search of information pertaining to biobrick/ pellet fuels and industry information?

the reason i am looking for the information is because i work for a wood flooring/ register company that produces every three weeks anywhere between 40,000 to 80,000 lbs of saw dust. we currently sell our saw to a company that uses it mostly for animal bedding and make next to nothing for it. so im looking to see if we can make our waste in to pellets and or biobricks.

thanks for having a look and any information is good information cause im at square 1 right now.

hi woodsmith and welcome.

not sure if this is where this thread should be or not , a friendly mod will look and if a better spot is warranted they will move it so it will still be active , no sweat.

anyway have you guys contacted any of the pellet mills in your region? if looking for contact info try www.pelletheat.org there is a listing page with contact information.

wish I could give you more insight but the pellet fuel side of the industry isn't exactly in my wheelhouse, I make the stoves not the fuel.

might even look into pellet mills and branch out, would make more for your sawdust if you processed it and sold pellets than you will for the raw materials. a lot of pellet makers came about this way.

Yes, the first stop should be with your insurance agent and then the inspecting authority. Garage wood stoves are banned in many jurisdictions. Some others allow them if the garage is detached. Check your local regs.

Are you looking to put in a wood, gas or pellet stove?

Reactions: tfdchief
Status
Not open for further replies.