New auger motors. www surpluscenter.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim3854

Nov 20, 2011
Rhode island
1.6 RPM 12 VDC GEARMOTOR

1,205 In Stock

About Our Products

This Item is on pg. 133
of our 2012 CATALOG
Click here to view PDF page
QTY

Calculate Domestic Shipping & Handling Estimate
Ship Method Zip Code
UPS Ground Priority Mail UPS 3-Day UPS 2-Day UPS Next Day
h_specs.gif

sp.gif

1.6 RPM 12 VDC INLINE GEARMOTOR
New, RP2020 inline gearmotor. Ideal replacement corn pellet stove, auger motor. Aluminum gear housing. Six 10-32 bolt hole face mount on 1-15/16" - 4-3/8" x 2-3/8" centers.

SPECIFICATIONS
  • Speed 1.6 RPM
  • Voltage 12 DC
  • Amperage 350 mA
  • Torque 78 in - lbs.
  • Rotation Reversible
  • Duty Continuous
  • Enclosure Open
  • Mount Face
  • Shaft 3/8" diam. x 1" w/flat
  • Size 3-3/4" x 2-3/4" x 4-3/4"
  • Shpg. 3 lbs.

Last year they were 2.0 rpm some stoves had a problem with them I think the 1.6 will be ok.

A lot of stoves will have issues with a 12 volt DC gear motor regardless of rotation speed.

First, to use a 12v DC motor you need to have 12v powering it. Most pellet stoves use 120v, secondly even if you could match the RPM and invert the power, you need to be concerned with operating temps. Most systems that use 12v DC motors like AES, Thelin and Pacific Energy will have the room blower pulling in air to cool all of the electronics before the air gets to the exchanger. Additionally, many stoves that DO use 12v motors for feed systems, often employ a synchronous motor opposed to a fixed gearbox. More voltage...more RPMS and visa versa.

I've hunted around on that surplus center for things which I could use, not usually finding very much unless I want to build my own something or other.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Status
Not open for further replies.