New bk king on the way!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks & sacrifice of fire view are big time negatives. However with our remote location combined with time away for work( pretty common 2 work 16hrs for me & 12hrs for the bed warmer along w/ an hour commute each way) I felt like blaze king was the best choice. If all else fails, I can put it out back & have warm barncats, they wouldn't give a darn about anything but hott air! Gotta recoup my investment first. All n all the stove is doing exactly what the manufacturer & dealer said it would & I am pleased with it.
While I am still n the "thank you" mode I would like to mention the place that sold me the stove, the fireplace center in bloomington in. They are down to earth reasonable fair "stove guys" that helped me in everyway they could. Without hesitation they offered advice on my install as opposed to turning away a do-it-yourselfer guy as many other businesses do. I would buy another stove from them today if I had need of it. Also webby3650 for his mentoring.

That's a very nice looking set up you have! Those fixed elbows really set it off!;)
Love your avatar by the way!

image.jpg Thanks guys
Question about clearance:
Bk schematic shows a clearance measurement of 49" off top of stove to combustibles. The way it's drawn, it implies that the 49"s projects out in front of stove some but how much. I currently have a mantle just above the arch, definitely combustible & not 49"s away. Stove is completely inside of firebox but barely. Guess I'm just looking for reassurance that the mantle either comes out or gets replaced w/ something non combustible

Status
Not open for further replies.