New Englander 30-NC Getting Delivered Monday!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGChrisNH

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2015
New Hampshire
Hello all, just got off the phone with the freight company and I am happy to say I will be taking delivery of my new Englander 30 on Monday! Super excited and thanks again to this website and forum for the screaming deal I got on this thing! I did confirm lift-gate service on the truck LOL as this thing would probably kill us if we tried to lift it down. Like I said in my other post, I'll be sure to post pics!

Time to start getting good dry season wood for your new EPA wood Stove.
Some kindling wouldnt hurt either and some kind of firestarters.

I think you'll be awarded a t-shirt. They used to anyway. You'll love that stove. Feed her good dry wood and it will put a smile on your face every time.

Here's yer shirt.

englander t shirt.jpg

Welcome to the Englander brother/sister hood. Feed it 15% internal moisture content fuel and laugh at Mother Natures futile attempts to freeze your hide solid. (Any other wording might not clear the sensor)

My delivery guy was awesome, he landed that lift gate right on the garage slab. Be sure to lift the box and inspect before accepting delivery.

You'll be sitting like this soon!

Attachments

• barnstove.JPG
    barnstove.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 238
I ordered mine Sunday. $659 delivered. Got a call today from the driver and I told him to put it on a pallet with casters I had waiting. Came home 20 min later to this and I just rolled all 450lb of it into my garage. Now the real work begins --> hearth, liner, insulation, install

image.png

Reactions: brenndatomu
I've actually heard 20% here a bunch of times. If it needs 15% I'm probably in trouble. Ive had the same red oak outside under a tarp up on pallets in the sun for a little over two years and if I split some they're about 20% give or take, some as low as 18%. But the takeaway is have dry wood!

Welcome to the Englander brother/sister hood. Feed it 15% internal moisture content fuel and laugh at Mother Natures futile attempts to freeze your hide solid. (Any other wording might not clear the sensor)

I ordered mine Sunday. $659 delivered. Got a call today from the driver and I told him to put it on a pallet with casters I had waiting. Came home 20 min later to this and I just rolled all 450lb of it into my garage. Now the real work begins --> hearth, liner, insulation, install

View attachment 175673
Wow, nice that's really cool. I'm lucky in that I just have to get my downstairs and hook it up. Good luck with your project.

Virtual shirt. I made that pic 10 years ago when the Pacific Energy stove owners were giving me grief about buying a Englander stove.

My delivery guy was awesome, he landed that lift gate right on the garage slab. Be sure to lift the box and inspect before accepting delivery.

I will definitely check it out before accepting high beam. I will just be happy to have a stove that I don't have to feed every 2 hours. I've got 4 semi-seasoned cords right now and I'll probably buy a few more in the springtime.

I've actually heard 20% here a bunch of times. If it needs 15% I'm probably in trouble. Ive had the same red oak outside under a tarp up on pallets in the sun for a little over two years and if I split some they're about 20% give or take, some as low as 18%. But the takeaway is have dry wood!

20% measured on the face of a fresh split will burn just fine in the bad boy.

Congrats!!! Mine is on the way $555.43 delivered to my local store. I have a cargo trailer with a ramp and a strong teenager for the rest. Enjoy

Hello all, just got off the phone with the freight company and I am happy to say I will be taking delivery of my new Englander 30 on Monday! Super excited and thanks again to this website and forum for the screaming deal I got on this thing! I did confirm lift-gate service on the truck LOL as this thing would probably kill us if we tried to lift it down. Like I said in my other post, I'll be sure to post pics!

Keep us updated on your hearth and install. My 30NC is on its way and I'll be doing the same.

View attachment 175673

2nd that.

I did while it was still on the truck and a mile away from my house. The box lifts right off.

IMG_2206Large_zps4f3a6848.jpg

You may already know but
You may already know,if you take the door off and the firebricks out it makes it a lot easier to move.Thats a great deal for the stove

Reactions: RichW_SC

So your NC 30 has the upgraded security feature? The LOCKING door with keyed entry.;lol
Mine came with the older COMBINATION lock.

Reactions: FionaD
So your NC 30 has the upgraded security feature? The LOCKING door with keyed entry.;lol
Mine came with the older COMBINATION lock.

And you missed the most important thing:

IT CAME WITH BEER!!!! HolleeFork! Where was that deal when I bought my 30-NC?????

Yea ok, enough thread hijack, back to the OP and his 30-NC - hopefully with pics soon - hint, hint!!!

Virtual shirt. I made that pic 10 years ago when the Pacific Energy stove owners were giving me grief about buying a Englander stove.
Ha, Brother Bart, very nice with the virtual shirt. Love it!

20% measured on the face of a fresh split will burn just fine in the bad boy.
Thanks BrotherBart, that's what I thought. The wood I have left for this season is pretty dry. I can't wait!

You may already know but

You may already know,if you take the door off and the firebricks out it makes it a lot easier to move.Thats a great deal for the stove
Yeah, I did know that but thanks for the reminder anyway. I've got a steep driveway, so me and a dolly have a date with that stove Monday. I'll definitely be removing the bricks and front door before I move it up the hill.

OP, is your 30NC going to be sporting legs or a ped?

Status
Not open for further replies.