New Englander, 6" to 8" pipe conversion...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralburns

Dec 21, 2011
Virginia
Hi Folks,

Just got a new Englander 30-NC to replace my old Kodiak stove in my basement. My current pipe left from my old stove is a 8", and I'd like to replace it with a 6", but I really would prefer not to do that for a year or two, so I can save up the cash and do it at the same time that I put in a fireplace upstairs.

Will my 30-NC run with the 8" pipe and a necked down conversion piece?

I'd really appreciate your comments as I am currently halted in progress and I really want to get this baby installed!

Regards,

Burns

This has come up before...

From Englander: The proper flue size is determined by measuring the inside diameter of the flue collar on the unit.
This stove is equipped with a six inch (6â€) TOP EXHAUST FLUE COLLAR. Therefore, the connector
pipe should be six inches (6â€) and never less in diameter than the collar on the stove. Your unit may
require an adapter (AC-1677) which will reduce the 6†connector pipe by 1/8â€. This is necessary to
accommodate pipe variation from different manufacturers and maintain a good seal. The area of the
chimney liner must also be equal to or greater than the area of the flue collar on the stove. If the area
of the flue is greater than the collar, it should never be more than two and 1/2 (2.5) times greater.

Englander's # is in the manual. They have a fabulous rep for service here; might want to give them a jingle.

chuckle :), that is from the horse's mouth. stoveguy2esw is Mike Holton from Englander tech support.

Burns, how tall is the chimney and what is the size of it's clay liner?

Status
Not open for further replies.