New Englander user....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallibean6

Dec 8, 2014
Wisconsin
We decided to take out our (for decoration only) fireplace that came with our manufactured home and invest in an Englander #30NCH. Our floor plan is open and we have about 2000 sq feet. Hoping this will do more than keep it 58 in here. BBRRR. Ordered the stove..check...started taking out fireplace..check and stop...found out chimney set up is not what we need for stove. Just ordered a Duraplus 6in Basic chimney kit and chimney pipes. Will be replacing everything. Might be coming in here for information and any help you all can give. I have been lurking and reading in here for about a week now LOL

Welcome. Lots of help available when ya need it.

Reactions: Hallibean6
Welcome aboard. You'll love this place. If someone here doesn't have an answer (unlikely), they can usually point you in the right direction to find one. And, the people here are great. Best of luck, in your endeavor.

i've got 3100sf of drafty farmhouse with the same stove. i can hold 70 degrees downstairs down to about 10F and around 65 overnight. and it's too hot to sleep upstairs

Welcome from south of the Cheddar Curtain. You will find unbelievably helpful people on the forum. Post on when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.