New Enviro M55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolff

Sep 20, 2015
MD
New to Pellet Stoves. Just picked up an Enviro M55 and have it up and running. The heat output seems ok but I have a lot of dust in the fire box. This is from the pellets. Could the Pellet damper opening be set to small and the pellets being ground up before getting to the fire box? I have less the 4 hours running this stove and have not set anything but the heat level. Thanks for the help.

Welcome to the site. Lot of info here for the new and old pellet stove owners.
Ash can be dependent on what pellet your trying to use. Some are far better than others in production of heat and amount of ash they will leave. Some brands are known for a lot of fines in the bags. Some seem to think that short pencils are the thing for you to try and jamb down the stove. Best advise is to buy a few bags of several brands that are available to you and experiment and see what works best and what will work at a price point your comfortable with.

wolff - welcome, and congrats! I have a M55c as well. what heat level are you running on currently? Did your installer set your exhaust draft with a mag gauge?

Welcome to the site. Lot of info here for the new and old pellet stove owners.
Ash can be dependent on what pellet your trying to use. Some are far better than others in production of heat and amount of ash they will leave. Some brands are known for a lot of fines in the bags. Some seem to think that short pencils are the thing for you to try and jamb down the stove. Best advise is to buy a few bags of several brands that are available to you and experiment and see what works best and what will work at a price point your comfortable with.
I am using Lingnetics Pellets

From what others have said that is a pretty good pellet.

wolff - welcome, and congrats! I have a M55c as well. what heat level are you running on currently? Did your installer set your exhaust draft with a mag gauge?
I am running on the #3 heat level. I installed the unit myself and have not set the draft. From reading on this site I can pick up a gauge on Amazon and will be my next step.

Hey Wolff! you don't really need the gauge I was just asking as it gives a starting point for you. There is a good thread on setting the flame if you search, but basically you just open the damper until you see nice light yellow vertical flame. The mag setting from the factory tends to run slightly rich which leads to a bit of extra of ash and soot build up. Also set the pellet type for 'premium' since you are burning a good pellet.

Status
Not open for further replies.