New Enviro Maxx-1 Stove Need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oliveone

Burning Hunk
Dec 23, 2010
Hudson Valley NY
Stove is great!! Puts out alot of heat!! :) It was so hot that I had to turn it down to # 1 on the heat setting. This is when the day went to SH*&. :ahhh: That is when I started to really look at paper work for the stove.

1st issue is the stove that is on the web site is not the same stove that I have. The web has a Maxx – B and I got a Maxx-1. :bug:

2nd when I turn the stove down to #1 on the heat setting the Convection blower fan turns off. :bug:

3rd when you read the paper work it say you can turn the blower off but that is not correct on my stove. :bug:

Anyone have a new Maxx -1 stove and have the fan work when the heat is on #1

Help

Thanks

Oliveone

oliveone said:
2nd when I turn the stove down to #1 on the heat setting the Convection blower fan turns off. :bug:

It's possible that depending on the pellets you're using, that the thermal switch that tell the convection fan to turn on (usually at around 120 degrees) isn't getting enough temp on the low setting. My stove did this in the beginning of the heating season when I was burning the cheaper "shoulder season" pellets.

Does it work OK on heat #2?

When it is on two it is to hot right now. House is 1990 SQ. Once I turn it back to #2 the fan turns right back on.

J-Takeman would probably the best person to help you w/ this stove, but just curious.....does this stove have any type of feed trim? If so, try turning it down a notch.

I have turned the feed trim down. Will have to to see how it works tonight.

oliveone said:
1st issue is the stove that is on the web site is not the same stove that I have. The web has a Maxx – B and I got a Maxx-1.

2nd when I turn the stove down to #1 on the heat setting the Convection blower fan turns off.

3rd when you read the paper work it say you can turn the blower off but that is not correct on my stove.

1.) The only difference from the Maxx 1 to the Maxx B is the control panel and its programming. They just made a few upgrades to them.

2.) Both models the converction fan is very large(455 CFM) and cools the air too much on heat setting 1(temps are below 100ºF). They have such large heat exchangers the fan isn't needed to keep the stove from overheating. This is also the same for the Maxx M multifuel stove. On low the stove will radiate plenty of heat.

3.) I am not 100% sure but the Maxx B had the ability to have the convection fan run on low setting and the option to dissable it.

Your best bet is to contact Enviro and get the full scoop from them. Or the dealer you bought the stove from. Maybe they can upgrade the control board for you??? The info I have is from self detective work while I was looking to upgrade from my Breckwell. And the Maxx B wasn't available at that time.

Hi Oliveone.

I have the enviro maxx (vf`170) , two years old. On setting #1, the convection blower will
not turn on, this is normal.

Would think same for your stove. Would contact manufacturer if more question, but most likely same answer.

Yes, stove is great, lots of heat. This stove is sized for 2700sq ft, so a little much for your house.
Regardless, I have same issue heating a 2800 sqft space.
I have to turn to setting #1 (blower off) sometimes as we get cooked out !

So, would enjoy the heat ,and go to setting#1 when too hot, or put a thermostat on the stove.
Stay warm !

Ok the stove ran great last night. Had it set on # 2 for heat, blower on and the trim turned all the way down. Woke up today it was 22 outside house was at 70. Once the bedroom door’s where open the house cooled down to 68. Wife was still hot so she turned it to #1 heat for an hour. Just got home at 4pm and the house is 69 (Very Good).

I did call the dealer today and they said the fan should not run when on #1. I will call Enviro next week to see.

I have a raised ranch and when I open the door to the 2 car garage I add about 500 SQ FT to the house ( 1990 SQ FT) so now I would be at 2499 SQ FT. So the stove is good for the size of the home.

Stove has been on for just over 24 hours and I have burned a little less than 2 bags. I am happy with that as the stove was on med to high for the first three hours. Now it will be on # 2 for the next few days to see what the burn rate will be.

I will have to read up on a wireless thermostat. This will help keep the house at a good temp. Any input on this would be great help.

More info to come over the next week.

Thanks to everyone for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.