New Farm - It came with a wonderful Pellet Stove - Need some help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mydanes

Dec 9, 2013
Seymour, mo
I have a American Harvest Pedestal Stove Model number 6039 - it is 8 years old I acquired it with my new farm - it is having a issue of going out. The old owner put various parts in without success I have a new auger motor on order as it appears what happens is that the dropping of pellets does not keep up with the keeping of the fire. I pray this can be fixed I am in love with the heat it provides when it does function (It may run 1 - 2 days before going out) OR I can open front door and add a handful of pellets if I see it is at risk of going out. Also does ANYONE know where you can get someone to come and work on the stove I have not had luck finding help! Thanks!

I can't comment on that stove specifically, but you might try 1) Closing down the damper just a bit, but not so much that the flame becomes orange, produces much soot or smoke, or is slow and lazy (make damper adjustments a little at a time, and wait 15-30 minutes to see the effect) and 2) increasing the pellet feed rate just a bit, but only after trying to adjust the damper.

I have a Whitfield Quest insert (old stove - 19 years) that does the same thing. You just can't go below a certain feed rate with it. Without sensors to watch the flame and internal temps (no idea about your stove re: those), there's not much else to be done on some stoves.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/185230/United-States-Stove-6039.html#manual

not sure if this still applies to an older stove. but you should be able to tell just by looking at the pics.
right model number and it's called an american harvest.
brief description of the air fuel mix control via the control panel on page 13.

are there any stove shops in your area? they often will have techs they sub out installs and service to if they don't have someone on staff outright.
if not, try calling chimney sweeps to see if they are certified pellet techs, or know of folks who are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.