new fireview, cracked already

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have no second thoughts about a Woodstock stove on my next purchase. What great service indeed! Another good ole' Mom and Pop business of America!

Greybeard said:
Kyle M said:
ANY UPDATE curious to see what woodstock does for you

As expected they came through. I have a few choices:1st they offered to send a new stone with instructions, 2nd exchange stoves no cost to me. I then asked if I could return the stove and add the difference for a progress. Lorin at woodstock said no problem. So in April when the heating season is mostly over I'm going to exchange the stove for a progress and in the mean time she's sending me some furnace cement to fill the crack.

Absolutely satisfied with Woodstock.

The second layer is thin and cosmetic visually nice stone, like a veneer. The second thick layer is of basic soapstone that probably would never crack.

Somehow this just does not surprise me in the least. This is typical Woodstock.

It's a beautiful thing to see customer service such as that!

Cust service was a big factor in my purhase even though I love their products! The perfect package!

RandyG said:
Cust service was a big factor in my purhase even though I love their products! The perfect package!

+1

I would have bought from them but the clearances wouldn't work for me.

Sounds like a good plan to me, I would of done the same.

Got my furnace cement today free of charge, they sent enough for 20 stove repairs lol. I cant wait til April, going down the beginning of FEB to swap for the progress!!!!

Friends...Have no 2nd thoughts about Woodstock, they do business the way all other companies should. They have paid off their mortgage and are continuing the r&d of new products. And if not for this site I wouldn't have known about them.

I have bought 2 stoves on the cheap (see my sig) before this new fireview and I can say now that I should have just bought the fireview first. Whether I had to take out a loan or pull from savings, I would have been much further ahead to have gotten this stove 5 years ago.

That's good news Greybeard. Enjoy the Fireview while you have it and then enjoy that big beast of a stove, the Progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.