New gaskets for my Englander furnace-any tips?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2007
I ordered new gaskets all around for my Englander furnace. This will be my 3rd winter burning it and I bought it used so I figured I'd do them all. The firebox door definitely needed it, the glass gasket was looking a little ratty, and the ashpan door I figured couldn't hurt. As far as I can tell the Englander kit just consists of bulk gasket material-I don't think it's cut to length so I'll have to cut it myself. Should I try to pack in as much material as I can to create a good seal? Should I start at a corner or in the middle of the channel somewhere? They did give me plenty of sealant so I should be good as far as that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.