New Hampton HI300 Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As part of an ongoing home renovation we had a brand new Hampton HI300 installed right before Thanksgiving. It replaced a heatform fireplace that had to be cut out for the insert to fit into the fireplace. We have been heating with it for about a week, and I am pretty happy with the temperature in the house, although like so many newbie wood heaters, we do not have a supply of seasoned cord wood; so I am assuming next year will be even better as we have more time to season a few cords.

The house is a 65 year old cape cod on Maryland's Eastern Shore. Luckily I had it installed right as our hunting season got kicked into gear, and it is nice to come in from the blind or deer stand to a toasty house.

I want to say thanks for all the folks who contribute to the forums here at Hearth.com; I did a ton of research before deciding on the Hampton, and I think it will be a good fit.

Here are some photos of the before and after, of the old heat form fireplace and the new Hampton. The rest of the house is a bit of a mess with the ongoing renovations.

You can see to the left and right of the fireplace that we had the heat forms old (and virtually useless) cold air vents covered with new masonry prior to the stove install.

Attachments

• old heat form.jpg
    old heat form.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 462
  • new hampton.jpg
    new hampton.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 534
Nice install.

The free standing 300 is on my list to replace the Intrepid. I hope it works out well for you.

Very nice install. Looks sharp.

+1 sweet install...nice! My nephew has the h300 stove and she runs real nice. please let us know how this runs and heats. If I replace my isle royale this one is on my short list.

Nice stove! You are going to love this stove once you get it broken in. Warmth and a secondary burn warms the heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.