New Harman P43 Owner, Beginner Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
agree with everything EXCEPT the draft not being adjustable.
When I said field adjustable, I meant that it isn't an adjustment the average person can do without the knowledge, experience, and a DDM, that you have.;)

oh, a year or two ago....just made the voltage range for the combustion fan adjustment much greater.
I wonder how difficult it would be to find a different pot and replace?

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Much appreciated.

I went to my local Lowes and Home Depot to experiment with different pellets this week. I'm on my 3rd bag of Green Teams right now and like them more then Green Supreme but not enough to justify the extra $50 per ton. I'm noticing the GT ash is a little lighter and doesn't build up quite as fast as GS, but I am still getting some clumping. I also get much less of the subwoofer-like "wooshing" from GTs. The only other brand I found in stock was Fireside Ultras, which I'll be trying right after the GTs. Is Stove Chow or Lignetics still in business? I hear a lot about both but I couldn't find either.

I'm taking the advice of getting the OAK in sooner than later and am looking for a good 3" flex pipe (I don't want to buy a kit, too expensive for the few parts you get). How heavy duty does the pipe need to be, should I be shopping automotive flex pipe or is something as flimsy as a aluminum duct fine? I could get auto pipe like this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-49105 or I found this cheaper duct http://www.amazon.com/A038-16-Semi-Rigid-Flexible-Aluminum/dp/B00009W3GX. The overall length of the OAK won't be too long, I only need about 3 feet to go from stove through the wall.

I wonder how difficult it would be to find a different pot and replace?

too time consuming for me to troubleshoot circuitboards, unsolder, re-solder, all that stuff......Harman doesn't sell the pots to dealers anyhow, we just determine if the board is faulty, and if so, replace it. But if the customer chose to try to replace the pot, hey, maybe a cheap fix for them...

When I said field adjustable, I meant that it isn't an adjustment the average person can do without the knowledge, experience, and a DDM, that you have.;)

actually, the DDM does not tell us what the draft measures...it only tells us what the voltage is going to the combustion fan. To do it correctly, you really don't need the DDM, what you need is a draft gauge

too time consuming for me to troubleshoot circuitboards, unsolder, re-solder, all that stuff......Harman doesn't sell the pots to dealers anyhow, we just determine if the board is faulty, and if so, replace it. But if the customer chose to try to replace the pot, hey, maybe a cheap fix for them...
I have replaced the main pots and that was very easy. Would need a part number off the new exhaust fan pot so I-we could upgrade. A draft gauge is easy. $10 Craftsman digital multimeter should be in everyones tool arsenal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lousyweather
actually, the DDM does not tell us what the draft measures...it only tells us what the voltage is going to the combustion fan. To do it correctly, you really don't need the DDM, what you need is a draft gauge
Whatever you say....it doesn't matter what I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.