New Harman P61?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GIPPER

Sep 24, 2009
southern ma
When doing a weekly cleaning,the thread on how a Harman works said to put the stove in test mode. My ? Is should the room blower come on besides the exhaust blower?

When doing a weekly cleaning,the thread on how a Harman works said to put the stove in test mode. My ? Is should the room blower come on besides the exhaust blower?

According to the manual, yes:
Test
Runs all motors at full speed for one minute to check operation. Afterward the control will simulate
a minimum burn and the combustion blower will remain on low, with the distribution blower on high.

Well, yes and no. In test mode, the distribution blower will come on initially for 10-15 seconds or so and then it will cycle on and off.

Well, yes and no. In test mode, the distribution blower will come on initially for 10-15 seconds or so and then it will cycle on and off.
Thank you.You guys are great.My only concern is if the ash gets stirred up to much,it will be blown into the living room.

If when cleaning turn the stove on like a manual start to activate exhaust fan to suck out any errant fly ash.

Reactions: P38X2
Thank you.You guys are great.My only concern is if the ash gets stirred up to much,it will be blown into the living room.
The reason for running it in test mode when cleaning is that the combustion fan will draw the dust out through the venting and prevent it from entering the room while you have the door open cleaning it.

Edit: oops...sorry Bio, you beat me.

If when cleaning turn the stove on like a manual start to activate exhaust fan to suck out any errant fly ash.
Yes, exactly.

Clean the top "half" top to bottom with the ash pan in place, to avoid copious amounts of ash getting sucked directly into the fan. When you get to the bottom "half", obviously remove the ash pan, and vacuum out, or scoop using a 2-3" paint scraper, the remaining ash. Again, trying not to allow the fan to ingest excess ash. Also, BE CAREFUL not to allow your tools to hit the spinning fan blade!

Using this method, the ONLY ash that should make its way out of the stove will be incidental "droppings" off the doors and ash pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.