1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

New Install - EVL Question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by RightSeatCessna, Oct 12, 2012.

1. RightSeatCessna

RightSeatCessna New Member

Loc:
    Saco, Me
    I (will) have an EVL of 28 (22 vertical=12, 3 90's=15, 1 horizontal=1). I am using 4 inch piping by Selkirk and 20 feet of the vertical is up and out of the chimney (the other 2 feet is nside the house). Do you think I will have issues? I will run an OAK. It's a basement (finished) install and I am hooking into an existing chimney (masonry) at it's lowest point (which is above the stove). Sort of like this...

pellet_stove_1.gif

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

If using 4" all the way? Then I say your fine. . The EVL is actually a lil under 28. It comes in at 27.
    22' vert= 11
    3- 90° = 15
    1' horz = 1
    27 total.

Mike Holton would be the man to ask about this. Being its an Englander and he is the Englander "Man"!

Even being a finished basement, you may not get the results your looking for upstairs?
  3. RightSeatCessna

RightSeatCessna New Member

Loc:
    Saco, Me
    It's a split level/raised ranch 2100 finished (1200 upstairs, 900 downstairs). I am going to run a fan above the mantle to blow the air towards a relatively large stairwell open upstairs. Of I could install a couple of heat registers...