New install in one week.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2009
Mid-Michigan
I have a new install happening next Monday, Hearthstone Tribute. I have a few questions for you guys and would appreciate some input.

1. Do I need to put a damper in my double wall stove pipe, will probably try overnight burns all though firebox is small.

2. What mfg. make stove pipe temp probes.

Thanks

I have a Pacific Energy Vista which has a small firebox and this year installed a flue damper. It made a world of difference in that I dont have the majority of the heat going up the stack but rather into the house. I am still able to maintain good stack temps as well. As for the temperature probe mine is a "By The Fire" model and I know alot of the folks here use Condar probes. Happy burning!

Ian

dwaynecornhauler said:
I have a new install happening next Monday, Hearthstone Tribute. I have a few questions for you guys and would appreciate some input.

1. Do I need to put a damper in my double wall stove pipe, will probably try overnight burns all though firebox is small.

2. What mfg. make stove pipe temp probes.

Thanks

Stove pipe dampers: I may be going out on a limb here, but it seems as though most folks are fine without a stove pipe damper . . . folks that tend to have them and like them tend to have taller chimneys with over drafts . . . the dampers help control things better. For the record, I have a 20 foot chimney (approximately) and don't have a damper . . . so far no issues.

Stove pipe temp probes: There are several manufacturers . . . perhaps the most widely recognized one I see here is Condar.

Status
Not open for further replies.