New King Parlor performing well I think.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
This is what I had last night on a load of cherry,looks pretty good to me.Temp was taken center of stove just above the middle if the door.
combustor.jpg

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new stove...enjoy those 24 hour burn cycles:cool:

Congrats on the new stove...enjoy those 24 hour burn cycles:cool:
Thanks,cherry won't quite give you that long a burn time with temps in 20's.But an honest 12 to 14 ,problem is all my heavy duty wood is buried in the woodshed. I didn't think we'd get so cold so soon.BUT,i can go in through the rear window of the shed and grab some locust for the zero temps we're getting here near weeks end.I got too anal with my stacking,cherry first out shoulder wood,then ash ,then elm,then oak then locust.

Sounds like you need a second shed for the primo stock;) I've also found that splitting 8x8s even with the lesser wood significantly enhances how much wood you can get in that big square box. It has turned silver maple which I seem to get a lot of into more than just shoulder wood.

Sounds like you need a second shed for the primo stock;) I've also found that splitting 8x8s even with the lesser wood significantly enhances how much wood you can get in that big square box. It has turned silver maple which I seem to get a lot of into more than just shoulder wood.
This is true I do have some massive splits of all the wood species,i stock,heck I got 12 hours on red spruce with temps in 30's.

Status
Not open for further replies.