New Log Home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adios Pantalones said:
Huh. I thought it was "cord wood" construction, but it turns out to be just a veneer type-job.

http://www.daycreek.com/dc/images/photoalbum/ConstructionAlbum/PhotoAlbumFrame.htm

I would think think that kind of wall construction would be very prone to cracking as the wood would expand and contract with in relation to the changing humidity levels, where the concrete would not, the result would be significant cracking of the concrete.
Anybody ever see construction like that after a few seasons?

Might make a good deer blind.

I don't like it either. Looks way fake/odd. The logs aren't oriented right.

It may not look right but the idea is there.

I was actually thinking (daydreaming, more like) of building a wood shed out of the next years firewood. That way I don't have to build anything permanent in my fairly small yard (and where I'm not planning to stay for more than 3 more years), and you still end up fairly well ventilated, while keeping the weather out. I'd have to do something for a roof though...like I said, just a stupid idea I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.