New member chimney question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sooprdv

Nov 22, 2020
Jersey shore
Hopefully you guys can steer me in the right direction. We recently moved into a new to us house. I picked up a lightly used Lopi Endeavor wood stove manufactured in 2010 complete with 20 feet of stainless duratech chimney pipe. I plan on installing the stove against an exterior wall and venting it out and up the outside of the house. My dilemma is if I were to center the stove in the middle of the wall the chimney would exit under my wraparound porch roof approximately 14”from where it ends. The run up the side of the house to the required height above the roof would be about 20 feet. I’d rather not cut into the roof of the porch. My question is would I be able to angle the insulated tee where it exits the house so I can clear the roof and run another 45 degree to shoot it up the side to the roof? I realize I would have to figure a way to support the tee as they usually not mounted on an angle. It’s really the only place in the house it can be installed.its a two story with the master bedroom over the planned location. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dave

Reactions: Mech e