New NC-30 Owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddown

Hearth Supporter
Well stopped by Home Depot yesterday and 2 NC-30s on the top shelf. Asked what they would discount and got a pretty good deal. Brought it home and hooked it up. Burns well and nice bed of coals this AM. I think this will burn better than my Hearthstone. Anyone looking for a Hearthstone Homestead in Michigan?

Even changed the Sig already.:)
:cheese:

Isn't this your 3rd stove this year? I thought the old Quad was too big and then you bought the Homestead, and now you went back to another big steel stove? Hope this is the one. You may want to hold on to that Homestead til next fall, you may get more potential buyers or you may want to switch back.

That's good advice Todd. I sold our Castine last October. By then the declining dollar, Jotul price increase and scarce supply of stoves in general all worked in our favor. I sold the stove for what we paid for it. Which was almost $600 less than retail at that point.

That 30 is a really serious heater. If the Quad was too much, I agree that the 30 may be too much as well.

-SF

I found out that due to my 46 Foot Chimney I was overdrafting something fierce. It ended up being three times the limit for the hearthstone. Over 4 WC inches of draft. I had a damper installed and two leaking Pipes up top replaced, now I can control things as they should be, wish I never would have sold the quadafire. However the 2+ hour wait for soapstone heat isn't the best in Shoulder season. When you have serious overdrafting 1st year of burning it's hard to figure out. Chimney is looking good and the NC-30 is doing well so far.

ddown said:
got a pretty good deal. :cheese:

How much did they discount?

Holy mackeral, a four story chimney?! That has to be a record here. Do you need aircraft warning lights on top of that baby? :coolgrin:

BeGreen said:
Holy mackeral, a four story chimney?! That has to be a record here. Do you need aircraft warning lights on top of that baby? :coolgrin:

I think it only requires this logo on the stove:

Attachments

• nuclear.jpeg
    nuclear.jpeg
    2.7 KB · Views: 371
LOL. With that kind of draft I would be extra careful to not have small pets or children nearby when opening the door. However, it's probably great for ash cleaning.

Tossing a Quad and a Hearthstone for a 30-NC. Buy that man a beer. :coolgrin:

Hooah!

Steel plate stoves are so ugly I bought two of them. Rick

It's 34' to the inside peak of the roof and the Chase is 10 feet higher. I'm looking for a 40+ foot ladder for cleaning the installers had one fully extended. Or maybe a Cherry Picker <grin> I'd like a good bottom cleaning system if it was reliable.

I know it's been a long time since I was in Asia, but this is more along the lines of what I typically encountered over there. My guess is that it's still what you're more likely to find if you get out of the hotels and into the streets. Rick

Attachments

• AsianToilet.jpg
    AsianToilet.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 287
Status
Not open for further replies.