New. Need Avanti PI help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fowler8907

Mar 13, 2017
MD
Hello,
I recently purchased a home that has a 1997 Avanti PI pellet insert. The stove worked fine for about 3 weeks and then quit. The fan speed would not adjust. And the stove would go out. Called my local stove shop to come out and take a look. They performed a cleaning and They condemned the stove saying it would cost more to fix than replace stating the control panel was faulty. I was. Not satisfied with this. I found a new replacement control panel. Replaced and programmed the panel. Also replaced the upper and lowe snap disks. Checked the flow tube for clogs. Here is my issue. When the stove is cold and in the off position the exhaust and convection fans run at full. I can. Get the stove to run when in manual mode When all snap disks and flow switch are bypassed. But when stove is switched off fans still run even when cold. Any help or insite would be helpful. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum! Tried to track down a wiring diagram but am not having much luck. Doesn't sound like it is wired correctly if it is a new board. I hope you have it on a surge protector and unplug when you are working on it ... protect that new board;)

From the parts list, there are 3 snap discs on that stove... can't tell you locations without the wiring schematic though. Try tracking the third one down and change that one out too. Which ones have you changed out? The 120s? High Limit? Have you got the vac switch wired up properly?

Is there a thermostat hooked up? Is that still functioning properly? If no thermostat, is there a loop wire between thermostat terminals?

When you run it, did you by-pass one item at a time?

PS Hope you still have the old board ... there are repair services that are relatively inexpensive. Might be nice to have a back up.

Last edited: