New P68 Owner!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin1024

Aug 31, 2016
WOOD
Just fired her up. That puppy puts out some serious heat! Quick question. I am noticing right before pellets feed I hear a little rumbling vibration sound. It's nice and quiet just until pellets feed. Thoughts?

Congrats! You will love the 68. They are heat throwing beasts. These stoves will make some noises when they run. It's typical. You'll get used to it after awhile and no longer pay attention unless you hear something odd.

Every now and then you might hear a loud crunch pop type sound and that is nothing to worry about either. It's just a pellet getting chopped into half if one gets caught in the slide feeding the auger. This is where small parts of pellets and dust needs to get cleaned when you do a thorough cleaning hitting the fines box.

There are plenty of P68 and P Series owners here and tons of info. Go into your signature and put your stove in so people know what you have. Plenty to read up on here too using the search.

I'm heating a two story 2,350 SQ FT with my 68. I didn't think it would do the whole area in super cold and got it mainly for shoulder seasons. It's all I have heated with the last three winters. It keeps up in the super cold extended snaps too. Great stoves. Good Luck and if you have questions fire away. many here to help and answer. Read the manual etc; Helpful stuff there.

Reactions: Kevin1024
Congrats on becoming a new Harman owner....I have a P61A and love it. As mentioned above, you'll hear all sorts of noises coming from your Harman, or any pellet stove for that matter. I recommend you bookmark this website and refer to it whenever you have questions about not only your Harman P68, but pellet burning in general. There's lots of knowledgeable folks on this site and it's a great resource.

Reactions: bags
That rumbling vibration you hear is likely the auger motor kicking in. My old stove did the same thing. The P68 sounds just like it. P68 is an awesome stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.