New PE Alderlea Insert Picture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dang top plate on that True North looks like it is an inch thick!

Edit: I just looked at the new stoves on PE's web site. The Warmland is a pellet puppy. A step top pellet stove. Who would'a thunk it?

Sweet! They also have a shot of the Alderlea T5 freestander in enamel, though the fire is definitely Photoshopped. Still it's very pretty. How now brown cow?

Attachments

• alderlea_lo_res.jpg
    alderlea_lo_res.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 533
  • t5_lo.jpg
    t5_lo.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 515
The boss lady doesn't like the new insert, still likes the idea of modifying the fireplace and installing a Woodstock Keystone. I guess I could live with that. :)

PS: Thanks for posting the link Todd.

Man that is shweet!
What no T6?

Steel can be enameled. Or at least I'm pretty sure ive seen some enamel sheet metal jackets on stoves. If you mean the 1/4" steel that makes up the actual body of a stove, I dont think I have ever seen those enameled.

madison said:
Stupid question, can steel be enameled or just cast iron?

PE and Napoleon both have steel stoves with porcelain enameled steel panels surrounding the steel firebox. And then there is the enamel on your kitchen stove and refrigerator.

Thanks BB and Franks, I was actually questioning if the plated steel stoves could be porcelain enameled. And with some research I see that the Summit Classic is available in whore house red porcelain enamel.

If I had a choice of a completely enameled T6, I would go that route... My T6 is showing some minor exterior rust on both the plated steel top as well as the parts of the cast iron jacket, which I attribute to the cast iron kettle that resided on the stove for the first yr. Some spills, boilovers as well as just the steam from the kettle. The rust has not progressed much more this yr as I ditched the kettle after yr one due to the rust, as well as it was a hassle, plus I would consider the amount of moisture a kettle adds as a "spit in the wind" as far as the volume of water added to the house vs what the house actually needed...

That's sweet, Tom :)

Although I prefer enameled stoves, I like the more muted gloss of the Jotul's better. For me the stove looks very shiny, but it could just be the photograph. Guess I'll have to see one in person. Just one man's opinion though. OTOH, the Alderlea insert sure looks like a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.