New Pellet stove not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Labor costs are unfortunately not normally covered under warranty. That being said if this was a reputable dealer he should fix it for free since it never worked properly. My stove had an issue a couple days after I had the stove installed....they came out twice free of charge to make sure the problem was fixed. And they came out immediately. Now they get a lot of pellet business from me. That's how you should run a business.
And I completely understand labor costs not being covered under warranty if it worked to begin with and down the line even a month later it was not working. But it has not worked since an hour after installation

And I completely understand labor costs not being covered under warranty if it worked to begin with and down the line even a month later it was not working. But it has not worked since an hour after installation

Yep, I agree..they really shouldn't charge you for good business practices....

As for the problem of the stove, it seems ti me you either have a bad proof if fire switch or like someone else states it is not properly connected.

How long does it take to get a fire going? From that point how long before it shuts down?

I was also told to try and adjust the feed trim as suggested on page 31 of the manual but that trips it to kick off the exact same way when it is operation mode therefore it will not allow me to adjust the feed trim

Yep, I agree..they really shouldn't charge you for good business practices....

As for the problem of the stove, it seems ti me you either have a bad proof if fire switch or like someone else states it is not properly connected.

How long does it take to get a fire going? From that point how long before it shuts down?
In between three to four minutes

I would be interested in seeing the vent from the stove to the wall, and then the termination on the outside. _g

You could try this as well:

ScreenShot2013-10-20at81255PM_zps00aaadc9.png

Don't go dinking with that stove. You will just give them a reason not to touch it or replace it.

The piping from the vent to wall is via a horizontal install which was there prior to this new stove which had an older pellet stove attached. I had my local city building inspector come out and survey it for insurance purposes which stated it was in excellent alignment and positioning along with the tech that installed this stove saying the piping was great... all ventilation piping is only one year old.

I tried running in manual mode as well as auto mode with it kicking off at the exact same timing mark. Im trying to check to fuse but cannot get this side panel off

You could bypass the low limit as posted by Sinnian but I would try that as a last resort (after getting nowhere from the dealer or napoleon) as Brother Bart said if they notice or see you have been messing with it they will use that as an excuse to not do anything for you.

I would talk to Napoleon first... but it's likely they will pass the responsibility to the dealer. I would then have your grandfather put the purchase in protest with the credit card company. They will hold funds from the dealers account so he does not get paid... that will get his attention.

You could bypass the low limit as posted by Sinnian but I would try that as a last resort (after getting nowhere from the dealer or napoleon) as Brother Bart said if they notice or see you have been messing with it they will use that as an excuse to not do anything for you.
I have gotten no where with the dealer and am going to call Napoleon tomorrow morning first thing

Reactions: St_Earl
I would talk to Napoleon first... but it's likely they will pass the responsibility to the dealer. I would then have your grandfather put the purchase in protest with the credit card company. They will hold funds from the dealers account so he does not get paid... that will get his attention.

Nap sells through a ton of channels so they have support available. They need to know what is going on.

"Our Napoleon® Authorized Dealers are the best resource if you have a question about your Napoleon® product or for service and installation. However, if you need to ask us a question or make a comment please complete the form below and a Napoleon® representative will get back to you shortly."

Anyone know why when I try to adjust the feed trim as suggest in the manual that it would trip it off just as it does when it gets to its 12-1230 minute mark? also how can I tell if proof of fire has been met?

Yes it has a thermostat connected to it. I have tried operating it in manual mode as well but it still kicks off at the same time mark

When in auto mode with the thermostat connected is the thermostat calling for heat? Turn the thermostat all the way up to be sure it is calling for heat.

I had a friend with a quad Castille which was having issues...the whole time the thermostat was set for like 60 degrees lol

Boy, this is sad. Nothing gets the members of this forum up in arms than a situation like yours. Just knowing that you have all these people at your back has got to feel good. Once you talk to Napoleon tomorrow, you'll have a better idea on how to move forward. There is a lot of experienced people here with good advise. One way or another, you'll get through this.

Reactions: P38X2
When in auto mode with the thermostat connected is the thermostat calling for heat? Turn the thermostat all the way up to be sure it is calling for heat.

I had a friend with a quad Castille which was having issues...the whole time the thermostat was set for like 60 degrees lol
Good thought, thanks! Yep, thermostat turned all the way up to 90 degrees

So I am looking at my high limit switch. There is a small red button that I am told should be depressed for it to operate but there is what looks like a teeny tiny brown oval ring between the red button and it being snuggly fit. Is this supposed to be there or should it be removed --- I am hoping maybe this brown oval ring is kind of like that little tag that is inserted in our child's toys that needs to be removed after purchasing so the toy operates fully-- you know that tag that leaves it in test mode in the store so it doesn't run the batteries out-- lol OR is this a normal part of the high limit switch reset button?

Gensco isthe distributator of that product to the small HVAC companies. tell who the dealer is in aberdeen hoquim.

So I am looking at my high limit switch. There is a small red button that I am told should be depressed for it to operate but there is what looks like a teeny tiny brown oval ring between the red button and it being snuggly fit. Is this supposed to be there or should it be removed --- I am hoping maybe this brown oval ring is kind of like that little tag that is inserted in our child's toys that needs to be removed after purchasing so the toy operates fully-- you know that tag that leaves it in test mode in the store so it doesn't run the batteries out-- lol OR is this a normal part of the high limit switch reset button?
can you take a pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.