New serenity castle pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I will let the hopper empty out, refill it and time it. If you guys see the pic of my stove, look at the flame. That is the size of flame I'm getting at my lowest setting and also with damper closed al the way. I'm not complaining about the heat but just want to make sure everything is working as it should.

How do you slow down the feeding rate on a serenity castle stove if anyone know out there. If this can be done. No word on the stoves manual. Thank you

Yeah, I read in several places in the manual that the feed rate can not be adjusted. It appears, to me anyways, that the pellets feed a little more on the higher settings and a little less on the lower settings which apparently is predetermined. What is your draft (intake) set at?

Have you tried it half open for any period of time and if so, was it less desirable?

yeah there is no feed adjustment on the stove other then the presets on the heat levels, Give Ardisam a call maybe a reset is all that is needed.

Reactions: GT_Sharp
Greetings all!

After many visits to this forum I've decided that it's time to join. 3 winters in my first house and I have learned that having a electric furnace in a 1908 house is no fun. I started researching pellets stoves I always found this forum to be the best place for info and after debating what to get I'm going with the serenity.

My house is about 1000 sq ft and from what I have read, even in the lowest setting it's puts off really good heat so I'll probably run on low most of the time. About how long should I expect a 40 lb bag last?

Look forward to contribute more once I get my stove!

Welcome to the forum bobby d. Just hooked up a Serenity myself earlier this week. I really like it so far. I just now let mine burn all night last night so as to have a warm shop for today. I set it on 'manual-1' (low) for 12 hours and used about a half a bag so I'm guessing a bag a day on low. There is 2 or 3 on here with a lot more time spent with the Serenity than myself and should be able to give you a better estimate. Enjoy your new pellet stove :cool:

I am happy you are going well Mr.Sharp. The point for Bobby is that your stove is in a shop, not a small house. 2 entirely different animals.
And the other point being; when writing my response, I had no idea of yours ;lol;lol;lol.

Greetings all!

After many visits to this forum I've decided that it's time to join. 3 winters in my first house and I have learned that having a electric furnace in a 1908 house is no fun. I started researching pellets stoves I always found this forum to be the best place for info and after debating what to get I'm going with the serenity.

My house is about 1000 sq ft and from what I have read, even in the lowest setting it's puts off really good heat so I'll probably run on low most of the time. About how long should I expect a 40 lb bag last?

Look forward to contribute more once I get my stove!

on heat setting 1 I average around 18 hrs. on a bag this is with my draft gate 3/4 closed and all other settings at factory defaults.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried penington oak pellets sold at Walmart. White bag with large flame on bottom half of bag. Thanks

Has anyone tried penington oak pellets sold at Walmart. White bag with large flame on bottom half of bag. Thanks

They are not the best I have used BUT they certainly kept us warm. Bought 1/2 ton of them as a safe haven because Wally World was the only place close that had pellets at one point last month.

I'm really sorry, but I can't help myself posting this:

Serenity Now.jpg

Thank you. Just found out that my local HD has tons of stove chow. I read some good reviews on them. Any comments anyone.

not the best there is but definately better then the penningtons

Burned both this year -- No noticeable difference in my Serenity ... BUT

I adjust my combustion air to the pellet I am using.

The only two brands that adjustment did not make a significant difference in "burn quality" were Currans (dirty regardless of air) and the one owned by the Kraft Conglomerate. Those two were low temp and ashy regardless of manipulation. Even these however kept the house toasty, just required an extra cleaning each week.

I just put a ton of Pennington toward next year because the price was right, at least for this area.

I honestly haven't burned any Pennington's this year and only a few bags of chow.The stove chow this year was not as good as last year.So far I have not found any pellet that I had to change any settings to get a good burn.I have burned Greenways, Green Team, TSC brand in red bag,Stove Chow, Fire side ultras, American wood pellets,Nations Choice,Pennington's and probably a few I can't remember.

Reactions: GT_Sharp
I honestly haven't burned any Pennington's this year and only a few bags of chow.The stove chow this year was not as good as last year.So far I have not found any pellet that I had to change any settings to get a good burn.I have burned Greenways, Green Team, TSC brand in red bag,Stove Chow, Fire side ultras, American wood pellets,Nations Choice,Pennington's and probably a few I can't remember.

I am fussy on the fire .... and in honesty I like to tinker a bit. Sometimes a bit to much.

I have found that by making some small adjustment in the combustion air and or air slide I can reduce the amount of ash.

The Serenity will chomp down any pellet I have burned this year, (my first), without complaint, (except one anyway), without adjustment. It just burns better with an adjustment.

Good morning all. What would make the stove at starting point almost fill up the fire pot and create a big cloud of smoke. Then after that pellets burn correctly and stove operates fine. At the end of the day the fire pot is free of ash and clunks. Meaning that the fuel is burning perfect, at least I think

Like Spartan said its normal

Thank you. Just wondering cause when it lights up my neighbors might think my house is on fire. " lots of smoke"