New serenity castle pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
weld issue has been addressed on the newer stoves and with the incredible customer service from Ardisam I would absolutely consider the Serenity

Reactions: bags
They heat what they are intended for well. The P68 does the two levels and main core (2,350 SQ FT) of my house that we mainly use very well. The PC45 is in a large 14 ft. high ceiling 1,200 SQ FT open room. Big family room that I added in 2005 and also covers a corridor and area off of that. I want a smaller stove for another area that is not used a lot and / or an additional supplemental heat source.

Overall I am over 4,000 SQ FT here and not happy about that. Keep in mind I have two middle school aged teens and a 5th grader here bouncing around so we needed some space. I am a design build contractor and my office and shop is here also so it was cheap and easy for me to get carried away and that I did. One plus is I was able to get out of a leased shop by the Greater Cincinnati Airport which wasn't cheap.;hm<> It is nice to have a bunch of space but sucks maintaining and heating and cooling it but I am all in one spot. Wife and I are definitely going to down size as soon as she retires in 7-8 years and the kids have flown the coup.

I also have a shop, barn, garages, and other buildings here that I also heat at times. I am getting tired of taking care of it all. Just a lot to do and never a break from keeping up. Sucks at times. In the winter we sort of hunker down to the main core of the house and primarily heat that but at times will heat all of it. Wife's family is from out of town so they will come and stay too here and there.

So with the P68 and PC45 I do roughly 3,600 SQ FT plus if I open up the area that ties in another one. The next place I build is going to be a single floor, open and simple. Much smaller too. This place is open but can be compartmentalized and areas closed off. Many times we don't even run the 45 in the addition. We sort of change living arrangements with the seasons except the bedrooms which are in the main core.

Now you know why I am always looking for additional "heating thingys" and playing around with options. The Woodmaster 5500 does the entire place but I am suffering from wood processing trauma and needed a break. Looking to stay semi-retired from the wood too but at the same time looking at new options there as well. I like being covered coming and going.

I may relocate the 45 and replace it with a Serenity or a like smaller BTU stove and use the 45 on the opposite end of the compound here.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Castle serenity pellet stove feed rate "kind of" figured out. Max heat on low settings.

Set stove to manual.
Set to lowest setting - 1 "first bar" (lowers fed rate)
Set blower voltage- Stall 1 to 100/105.
Set exhaust voltage - stall 1 to 90.
Air intake at half.
Stall 1 because we are on low that is stall 1.

Burning GREEN TEAM PLATINUM. Review ****
Better than the cheaper pellets. 1 dollar more a bag at Lowes but worth it. GTP-$6.29 / store brand $5.19

With these settings the serenity stove burns very low, and minimal dirty glass! Max Heat for low.
Uses less pellets and works good for me. I would recommend this for fall weather when it gets colder I will update post with new settings then.
Hope this helps :)

Any new review on Greene team platinum pellets? Thanks

I used several bags last year in my own Serenity. Keep in mind i am also a newbie on this pellet related matters, but my conclusion is that greene team are not that good. My Serenity liked Blackstone much better, and at the end of the season i ended up testing Logik-E and Lignetics.. Logik were the better of all (price wise, heat wise and amount of ash produced)...all of those were hardwood. I'll be trying some Logik-E softwoods this year but i tend to keep an eye on price tags as the whole reason i did this pellet stove installation was to avoid paying too much in heating costs (electrical set up here at my place).

Good luck, and welcome to the Serenity gang :)

Castle serenity pellet stove feed rate "kind of" figured out. Max heat on low settings.

Set stove to manual.
Set to lowest setting - 1 "first bar" (lowers fed rate)
Set blower voltage- Stall 1 to 100/105.
Set exhaust voltage - stall 1 to 90.
Air intake at half.
Stall 1 because we are on low that is stall 1.

Burning GREEN TEAM PLATINUM. Review ****
Better than the cheaper pellets. 1 dollar more a bag at Lowes but worth it. GTP-$6.29 / store brand $5.19

With these settings the serenity stove burns very low, and minimal dirty glass! Max Heat for low.
Uses less pellets and works good for me. I would recommend this for fall weather when it gets colder I will update post with new settings then.
Have you made any other changes in the stall setting for the blower or exhaust , thanks in advance !!

I'm sorry to raise an old thread from the dead but didn't see anything newer to comment on. I just bought my Serenity maybe a month ago and have used it a few times. I am new to pellet stoves and wondering if it's normal for the flame to be really high when first starting and then go down maybe a few inches above the pot? Seems to go on a cycle where the flame will dip down below the pot and eventually above and then high again. It has never overheated or thrown any faults but I worry when it really begins to get cold here in upstate NY and I need to use stall 2 or 3, it'll overheat.

I have only ever ran it in manual mode stall 1. I did however change my voltages based on some posts I've found here.

Blower Voltage: 95, 100, 105, 110, and 115v. Exhaust Voltage: 90, 95, 100, 100, 105v. Air intake is set at half from factory.

I'm sorry to raise an old thread from the dead but didn't see anything newer to comment on. I just bought my Serenity maybe a month ago and have used it a few times. I am new to pellet stoves and wondering if it's normal for the flame to be really high when first starting and then go down maybe a few inches above the pot? Seems to go on a cycle where the flame will dip down below the pot and eventually above and then high again. It has never overheated or thrown any faults but I worry when it really begins to get cold here in upstate NY and I need to use stall 2 or 3, it'll overheat.

I have only ever ran it in manual mode stall 1. I did however change my voltages based on some posts I've found here.

Blower Voltage: 95, 100, 105, 110, and 115v. Exhaust Voltage: 90, 95, 100, 100, 105v. Air intake is set at half from factory.
Has anything changed, or do you find this is the normal behavior of the flame? Just installed mine and it behaves the same way..
Thanks

Normal: auger cycle on low dumps pellets burns high
auger off pellets burn down. the auger comes on dumps pellets
cycle starts again. Normal with stove set on low

Reactions: Bencolawebs
Normal: auger cycle on low dumps pellets burns high
auger off pellets burn down. the auger comes on dumps pellets
cycle starts again. Normal with stove set on low
Thanks. What do you burn? I bought 2 ton of TSC I have nothing to compare them to as this is my first PS. I hear that soot buildup is typical as well? What is your experience with soot on the window?

I only burn a hardwood called Cubix
Made in Quebec Canada From the waist and cutoffs of a flooring company
Tried others but go back to Cubix very hot very clean burning
Soot on the glass: some pellets dirty the glass very fast others
at a much slower rate. I also find the glass gets dirty faster on a low burn
and stays cleaner for a longer time on a hot burn
Clean the glass on my Enviro about once a week in the very cold weather
and about every 3 days in the shoulder seasons